The Next Generation of SmartThings is Here

Think where do you stuff all the things in your house which you don’t put in a room, @tyler…, of course it cannot be a garage or a basement. Nice… Really really nice. Congrats buddy! We luv you inspite of what we talk about you behind your back! :wink:

1 Like

Pretty much. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Its like that folder on your iPhone (Misc) where you put all the apps you dont know what to do with…lol

2 Likes

Recycle bin… :wink: huh!

2 Likes

Bring on the Smart Home Monitor, that’s what I want to see :smile:

3 Likes

Please move all mobile discussion to the respective threads:

4 Likes

Information about migrating rooms found here

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/205379774

2 Likes

I’m curious. Will the ability to take screen “pictures” be a free service? Also is there any type of road map for future camera support? I have a foscam I specifically bought because a guy a few years ago told me that was the next camera to get support after drop cam (he’s now long gone). I don’t mind switching up to one of the support cameras now I just don’t want to go buy a new camera and find out my current camera gets support next month!

Yes.

We do have one. Bringing additional camera support to the platform is a priority for us.

3 Likes

@Ben will there be support for systems like Lorex (DVR with PoE Cameras stored locally)? I’m contemplating putting in cameras right now and looking for a sustainable cost-effective solution. Hopefully something SmartThings will be compatible with.

I honestly have not seen those mentioned by name on the roadmap but i will push for a list.

I would like to know this also. I recently purchased a Lorex (BNC not POE) DVR with 8 cameras streaming 1080p for $500 from Costco. That price for that quality cannot be beat and was significantly cheaper than a lot of the other market players. The DVR itself is on the LAN, so I would imagine there would be a way. In addition Lorex does have their FLIR Cloud now which directs all of their video to their cloud, which I bypass since it seems to be slower than just punching a hole in the firewall and going directly.

1 Like

Can’t find the smart monitor…? Have the new app, rooms, etc. Still have lights on dashboard… No monitor.

Monitor feature is being pushed out over the next day or so, most people don’t have it yet.

1 Like

Does the new hub has backup cellular support as it announced in CES? I cannot find anything about it in the specs.

The USB ports are meant for expansions like cellular support, but at this time they are not enabled.

1 Like

Is there a timeline for that? Will it be a specific accessory, or would we be able to use a USB cellular modem from our own provider?

It will be off the shelf USB modems and other USB based expansion devices like additional RF support.

1 Like

Please, add standard USB CDC (serial port) support.

3 Likes

Will cheaper D-link models like the DCS-930L gain support? Will the new hub pre-orders get a shipping notification?