The End of Groovy Has Arrived

It will die. Constantgraph.com is a nice replacement IMO.

4 Likes

Iā€™d agree. Much more powerful and easier to setup!

Apologies for the late response. Thank you for explaining how youā€™re doing the switch, it sounds very neat. Can you explain what you mean by the ā€œbuilt-inā€ routines, do you mean the app? If thatā€™s the case I have some learning to do but Iā€™m also OK with that :slight_smile:ā€¦

I probably need to get a better understanding also of the the switch modes (I have some GE and Inovelli switches).

Thank you - I have to look in to this! Per my previous response, I need to figure if youā€™re doing all this in the app (in which case I have to figure that out) or somewhere else (which I also need to figure out!)ā€¦

Thank you. I think itā€™s figuring out either how to make them and/or use them! Iā€™ll make them if I need them, otherwise Iā€™ll just use them if they already exist! Getting my head in the game is whatā€™s taking the time!..

Yes, the Smartthings app routines are what Iā€™m using.

For the GE Switches, these are the operating modes:

Vacancy

The switch will NOT turn on automatically, but will turn off automatically based on the motion parameters you have set up.

Occupancy

The switch will turn on and off automatically based on the motion parameters you have set up.

Manual
The switch will not turn on or off automatically.

Here are the routines Iā€™m using:

For my GE motion/dimmer switches, Iā€™m using this Edge driver [ST Edge] Driver for GE/Jasco Z-Wave Motion Switches and Dimmers - 24770, 26931, 26932, 26933 and for the virtual switch, Iā€™m using [ST Edge] vEdge Creator: a virtual device generator for end users

This is huge - thank you so much. Iā€™ve yet to find time to digest this but will respond if I have questions. Now I have the cli running I need to get more familiar with using that so that I can extract device idā€™s etcā€¦ Iā€™m on the first rung of the ladder at the moment and the ladder is not situated at 60deg but more like 130deg!!!

Thank you - Iā€™m learning a lot! I was doing some quick digging in to virtual switches and see two different ones:

Yakov - [ST Edge] Virtual Things Edge Driver

And another by:

TAustin - [ST Edge] vEdge Creator: a virtual device generator for end users

Is one preferred over the other (itā€™s amazing what these guys have done so Iā€™m not wanting to detract from their work!). Thank you for posting the images as well, seeing concepts like precondition is really useful.

The two have different features and options. @ygerlovin ā€™s may be a little easier to use if you only need a single virtual switch ; @TAustin ā€™s has many many power user options and more device classes. Both are very good. Feel free to ask questions in the author threads. You can also start your own topic under Automation Ideas or Projects if you want to do a deep,dive into a specific use case. :sunglasses:

You can find additional community-created drivers on the quick browse lists in the community-created wiki.

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Quick_Browse_Lists_for_Edge_Drivers

1 Like

Perfect - thank you.

1 Like

Hi @h0ckeysk8er - Can you provide any feedback on how your routines are working?

I only ask, because with the pre-edge routines I had tried many times to create logic like:

If motion detected + light = off; then turn on light for 15 minutes

In an example like that, the light turns on for 15 minutes, then turns off as expected. The routine would also run if the light was ON, and then turn off after 15 minutes also ā€¦ kind of ignoring the pre-condition.

Can you post a screenshot of your routine?

Depends on what point in time you tried to create those routines with the app, what driver you were using for the motion switch, and if your motion switch has different modes like mine does. Hard to diagnose without more info. If you look at my post above, I provided screenshots of my routines and info on the drivers Iā€™m using for the virtual switch and motion dimmer/switch.

They are posted earlier in this thread.

1 Like

Whereā€™s the best place to ask cli questions? Iā€™m not able to find a relevant thread??? Iā€™m getting a lot of ā€œno items foundā€ type responsesā€¦ Thanks.

Developers Programs > possibly Support

1 Like

Thanks - I do see some CLI posts in there so thatā€™s a good starting point!

Well disaster has begun!
All of my 3 ST Buttons (IM6001) failed today! Still display temp but pressing does nothing. Depower and reconnect does not fix. Forgetting and re Scan also does not fix - totally useless!
Added 2 new buttons and each setup differently! One onlined the same as normal but without the TempOffset setting, the other came online with both the tempOffset and a ā€œDriverā€ entry showing ā€œZigbee Buttonā€ driver.
Interesting as I am not supposed to get Edge capability on my ST Wifi hubs till next week!?
Instantly 3 useless Buttons.

1 Like

Exact same happened to me. Buttons are no longer working.

My minimotes stopped working