The End of Groovy Has Arrived

How can i test this and put the code in my own account?

You need to subscribe to the author’s channel and then select the driver you want to be installed to your hub. For the stock Smartthings drivers, you subscribe here:

Info for @Mariano_Colmenarejo Zigbee switch driver is here:

1 Like

fwiw, i have that same plug which had been migrated to a stock driver. i just changed it to Mariano’s driver which has a lot more options and settings

I worked in IT for years. Every company I worked for implemented change moratoriums during periods that were deemed critical to the business or for when they expected extremely heavy activity. Samsung is making what is probably the largest change ever made to the SmartThings platform just as new hubs, sensors, thermostats, etc. are being unwrapped and new users are coming onboard. :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Has anyone else has issues with Zigbee devices going offline? I only have two (most devices I have are Z-Wave) but ever since migrating to Edge drivers my motion sensor and doorbell relay have worked fine for a few days and then gone offline.

This could be unrelated to the drivers and be down to the hub firmware upgrade that happened at a similar time. I removed and re-added the motion sensor as that’s easily accessible and that fixed it for a few days but it seems once they go offline they don’t come back online.

1 Like

There are a number of people reporting this beginning with firmware 45.9.

And a couple of other threads

Thanks for pointing me at these - apologies I should have searched first before posting.

Will engage with those threads and see if it offers up any solutions.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen anything that I’d consider a real fix. You’ll find a few things that seem to work for some people some of the time.

Assuming you’ve got an Aeotec or V3/2018 hub, the trouble seems to have started with firmware 45.9. The release notes mention a replacement of the ZigBee stack for those hubs.

I have a v2 hub, but yes the issue did start occurring around the same time it was upgraded to 45.9, and 45.11 hasn’t helped.

My V2 hubs have had no issues with Zigbee, but my beta hub was updated to 000.046.00004 a couple days ago. Still no issues.

1 Like

In this step, how can i get my hub-id

Not 100% sure this is correct but:

go to rooms and select your hub and you should see the id#

1 Like

Thank you, now i can get the hub-id.

1 Like

Hi,

Is anyone else in the same situation as me.

Its now the 12th December 19 days and counting until the big groovy DTH switch off and I have not had one device migrated by the process to the Smartthings edge drivers.

I have done 1 manual move of an Aeotec device using the third party driver not the Samsung beta ones, and also tried and tested some other third party edge drivers that I have access to, but nothing seems to have moved automatically by itself.

I am hoping the fact I was proactive with looking at and implementing solutions for items that did not look like they were on the auto migration process have not excluded my hub from the automatic transition.

Anyone else getting a little nervous that they have had no devices migrate yet?

4 Likes

So far none of my z-Wave devices have been migrated yet (Fibaro, Qubino, Aeotec), I also getting little nervous. Let’s hope everything ends well.

I have a mixture of Zigbee and ZWave, but its good to know others are in the same boat.

I just hope this is something post the new year a number of us are left going around sorting out.

There are so many devices and integrations I would need to resolve. I expect a number of issues with auto migration, but hope to deal with exceptions rather than a whole system!

This entire “migration” is a totally disaster. Little to no communication. Timelines missed etc etc. We should have had a few months to work things out. At best we may have a week or two. My guess is we will get to end of migration date and we will still have devices that have yet to migrate. Just flip the friggin switch already Samsung.

My real guess is they are starting to see issues and limitations with the hubs and many won’t be able to support the transition to edge in a real environment. But they are too deep to turn back now. I hope I’m wrong.

5 Likes

One driver moved pre transition (automatically) and three since then. About 15% of my devices moved. So far everything seems to be operating the same, which is good news, albeit not noticeably faster. Today is supposed to be the day they start moving the 3rd party drivers. Wonder if that will start on time?

Agreed.

Posted updates on progress should be a minimum, with individual 2 week warnings of each device type being migrated being the best.

I have a high number of automation and devices, some which are shared automations. Figuring out what I need to delete, then readd to make everything work as intended does not bear thinking about.

However, I forsee many nights where other users in the house are upset that ‘something is not working’, and I have to beaver away my downtime from work identifying what’s caused the problem and then rectifying it, not to mention integrations with third party services like Sharptools & IFTT.

If I did not have so many things I would start to manually migrate them myself, but I really do not have the time to invest and have to hope that any of my devices start to move soon. In reality I can see the time needing to be invested early in the new year.

Fingers crossed my negative thoughts towards this do not end up becoming reality, but time really is running out

2 Likes

Only a Smartplug migrated so far. Other things - including some that might be more common and want to be given plenty of time - like Smartthings branded motion and multi sensors and Hue lights - havent changed yet. There was a note that the Hue hub V1 isnt being supported - although this doesnt get mentioned much there has to be a chance not everyone has upgraded to a Hue V2 yet.