Most of my Zigbee devices offline & can't rejoin (Nov 2022)

A couple of days ago most of my Zigbee devices went offline and no matter what I do to try add them again they don’t. Putting them into pairing mode, nothing is found, even though they’re from different manufacturers and different devices.

Here’s a few of the device types:

• Ikea Tradfri GU10 bulb
  • Ikea Tradfri 1000lm bulb
  • Ikea motion sensor
  • Wemo zigbee white bulb
  • Xiaomi Aqara button
  • Xiaomi Aqara temp humidty sensor

Does anyone have any understanding if this is a broader hub (US v2) update issue or a device driver issue? From reading topics here, I can’t work out where to start with diagnosing this.

Android or iOS app? What version? Does the led on the hub flash green when trying to pair the devices? Firmware version on your hub? Looked in No Room Assigned?

1 Like

Android v.1.7.91.24
Hub US v2: firmware 000.045.00011

Yes, Hub LED flashes when scanning for devices, but times out without finding any of the pairing devices.
I’ve tried unplugging the hub for a few hours and then powering it up to see if it would reacquire those offline devices, but no luck.

Nothing new showing up under ‘No Room Assigned’. My Tasmota Edge devices are fine and reliable, but every Zigbee device is now offline and not returning.

With the recent firmware updates on the hub, users have been reporting issues with devices falling offline. The inability to rejoin the devices you removed is slightly unusual. You may want to search for Community developed Edge drivers for these devices, add them to your hub and try to join the devices.

Just curious… have you installed any Edge drivers to your hub and how many do you have installed?

The only Edge driver installed is rock solid, Tasmota Edge which uses HTTP for its devices. I did remove Webcore entirely, as part of this troubleshooting round, but that doesn’t and shouldn’t be related to this odd behaviour.

After a lot more Hub reboots, periods of powered off, and tons of scanning for devices, none of the pairing devices were detected. I did notice that occasionally some of the Zigbee bulbs would check-in and be there for a short while, before going offline again.

I have now changed my Zigbee channel from 19 to 25, re-scanned and found devices!

It looks like that channel change has got many of the devices back, but I ran out of time to see if I could get them all, but the Smartthings Multi Sensors seem to be the only ones now that haven’t shown up at all in any attempts.

I’ll check later to see if the other devices have shown up on their own, or can be paired, and if these current ones are still there… but, this seems to smell a bit like a channel conflict. If it is, it’s odd that in 6 years of operating the hub, I’ve never experienced it before.

I’ll keep you posted.

I have similar… I’m on 45.11 firmware and my only two Zigbee devices (Sonoff motion sensor and a Hughes Doorbell relay thing) have both being unusable largely. They have either been offline, or online but not sending any messages to the Hub. I’ve disconnected both once and re-paired and that fixed it for a few days but then a few days later both stop working again.

I think this is un-related to the Edge drivers, although the Sonoff motion sensor was migrated around the same time, but the Doorbell relay stopped working before I migrated it to Edge.

I tried changing channel without removing and re-adding but that’s not made a difference, so I wouldn’t be so sure its a channel interference thing and just an intermittent issue that re-adding the devices has fixed for a bit.

Anyone else out there with this issue that’s got to the root cause?

I am about to give up on ST. Most of my ZigBee devices are giving issues now, I’ve rebooted the V2 hub multiple times, I’ve changed the ZigBee channel, I’ve deleted and re-included devices multiple times and pretty much any device that has dropped off the network for whatever reason simply doesn’t work anymore. Searches on this site don’t show anything relevant to my situation for some reason or other. Whether I scan for devices or use the catalog, the app finds the devices, then when I try to click on the cards it simply says, “Cannot connect to device. Check device and try again.” All the ZigBee devices that are still working have no issues with any of the other things I do, including changing the channel.

1 Like

My V2 hubs (2 running 45.11, the third is running 46.04) have had no issues with Zigbee devices dropping off or giving any issues.

Anything common about the devices that you’re having problems with? What channel did you change your hub to? Note that some devices do not support all channels.

Changed from 15 to 20, doubt that’ll make a difference. I can’t do much else, because the app and the IDE “can’t connect” to the devices that the hub found.

I’m hesitant to attempt to delete and re-include any more ZigBee devices to migrate them, I don’t want to risk disabling them completely. FWIW Alexa found the blinds just fine during the ST pairing procedure, and is able to control them. I’ve set up a couple of simple routines in Alexa to take the place of my most-used ST blinds routines, but a few other routines use non-Alexa devices and for now the blinds will have to sit on the sidelines.

Oh JFC. I had to disable my PiHole temporarily to access a couple email “unsubscribe” links, which took all of 30 seconds, and while its countdown timer was still ticking away towards five minutes, I went back into ST and clicked the tile, and the device card opened. This behavior has never occurred before, I guess just since the DTH shutdown. WTF. Guess I gotta hunt down the offensive Samsung server to whitelist. :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Next time try to access/change the devices on my.smartthings.com or disable your WiFi on your mobile. Use another route for the app->cloud itself.

I thought you meant your Zigbee devices were going OFFLINE requiring them to be re-paired again.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestions. Life stuff has gotten in the way of my hobbies this year and I’ve been unable to keep up with most of the changes. But yes, the blinds, a Trådfri LED driver, and two Sonoff devices all went completely offline over the past two weeks. That’s why I’d been trying to re-include them (from scratch).

Having the same issue. A v2 hub on 45.11. All ZigBee devices unresponsive. Deleted one to add again and nothing scans.

That’s reassuring…

they shut down the ping in 2021… March 4, 2021