STH-ETH-200 Hub Factory Reset?

Hello, I brought a Smartthings hub from eBay, which didn’t come with a welcome code, I contacted support and they gave me the code. I tried to use it and it says ‘Code already registered. Invitation from owner needed to use the hub.’

Would a factory reset sort this? How do i do this?

Thanks

tagging @Brad_ST

Yes - Factory reset or reboot your SmartThings Hub

1 Like

Hi Brad,

Thanks for your reply. Am i doing the V2 reset? As I was holding the reset button down for a good couple minutes and the 3 lights on the front stayed green.

Any more advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

You are using these reset steps?

Press and hold the red recessed button the back of the Hub for 30 seconds. When the LED on the front switches from flashing yellow to solid yellow, release the button.

Yeah that’s right, I leave all the cables in and powered up. Press the red button for 30 secs but the lights stay green.

Thanks again

Managed to get it all sorted, did a factory reset, and managed to connect to the smartthings hub. Thanks for all your help.

Take care.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh mine will not do! Just hung up w samsung. Can you help? Sth eth 200 sn: 3000176298

Can you send a picture of the bottom of the hub to support@smartthings.com? I’m not sure why it won’t reset but it is claimed already, likely by the original owner.

welcome code is CPDV46

I sent the email to the address specified as well

Thanks @Rebeccadel. Give it a try now. It looks like the previous owner had a SmartApp failing to uninstall which is why the reset wasn’t working.

Finally! It worked!

1 Like

Hi Brad_ST.

I am having same issue as “Rebecca Delacerda”.

I have sent the email to Support@smartthings.com and I have received the Support request #1179273.

Kindly help.
Thanks.

Same problem here!!! Still green after 30 seconds of pressing reset button…Seems you have found a way??
Can you kindly share solution ?:pray:

did you press and hold the reset button and then plug the power cable in? once the front led light stops flickering to a solid yellow release the reset button. you should see the from led light change through several colors, like magenta while it is pulling down the latest firmware. once it settles down then it should be good to go.

Nop… I will try!! Thanks for the top :+1:

Yes im having the same issue as Rebecca Delacerda ive contacted customer support and gotten the welcome code but it says already been registered. I tried performing a factory reset and hold the reset button while plugging power back into unit lights flash yellow and then go solid yellow i release button. It will flas blue twice go to magenta color and stay there. My customer service ticket number is 1317758. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Chris, give it another try. Should work this time.

Thank you Brad_ST I will give it a try tonight and let you know how i come out. I am at work and wont get home till 11pm.

1 Like