I just bought a (2015) version ETH-. I can’t not get it to factory reset. I unplug the power cord and remove the batteries. I then hold down the reset button and plug the power cord back in. The lights flashes yellow and when i goes solid I let go, the light goes out and then nothing happens after that. Please help
What color is the light when everything finishes … blue or green? Is this a new hub or did you purchase it used?
To factory reset the SmartThings Hub v2 (2015):
- Disconnect the power cable and remove the batteries from the Hub
- Using a pin or a small tool, hold down the reset button on the back of the Hub
- While continuing to hold down the reset button, replace the power cable
- Continue holding the button for more than 30 seconds
- When the LED on the front switches from flashing yellow to solid yellow, release the button
- Reinstall the batteries into the Hub
- Note: If you do not release the button within a few seconds after the LED switches to solid yellow, the Hub may not begin the reset
I ordered it from amazon so I would like to think it is new. As soon as the light goes solid yellow I release the reset button and it goes off and then nothing. Right now the light is red, I’m waiting for my wife to get off the network so that I can reset it
You replied by email which attaches your signature file. You may want To edit your post and remove the private info from it.
Click the pencil at the bottom to edit.
I have reset my net work twice and i still cant get the light to change from red at all
Red or magenta? If magenta, it is applying a firmware update and you need to be patient and wait for it to complete.
If you still have problems, call ST support for assistance. Calling is generally the fastest method for contacting them.
I’ve tried these Factory Reset intructions probably 25 times now… mine never flashes yellow… I’ve done this on my 2 other hubs but this one doesn’t want to factory reset. Any ideas?