[ST Edge] SmartThings MyQ Edge (Obsolete)

Still need help on this ([ST Edge] SmartThings MyQ Edge - #153 by ViperTK). If anyone can take a look at why would the connection timeout and reason for difference in the IP, i would be grateful.

I was trying to troubleshoot this and I think the issue may lie with the changed IP address for the server that the executable is generating and feeding to ST edge driver.

I managed to run the docker instance on my Pine64 running DietPi as well with same results. For this instance, I tried all the steps that @TN_Oldman mentioned and was able to ping out of the docker instance to the ST hub, rest of the network as well as internet.

But, when I try to hit the details page on the IP listed in the docker container (192.168.62.1) it times out. If I try to hit the actual IP of the Pine64 it opens up the details page. This is same as my Windows server, where the IP being generated and fed to ST app is 192.168.56.1 instead of the actual 192.168.62.xx. And I think this is causing the ST to not discover the correct details that it need to create the devices.

Nope, ignore the Beta driver for now. At some point, I’ll probably pull that from the channel and run it on a private one to reduce confusion.

This tells me your container is not running in host mode. In other words, your actual docker server has assigned an internal IP to the container itself, which will not work with this integration at the moment. Is this running on a pi or some other platform? I’m really curious about people who have gotten this far but can’t get a connection between the hub and the server - trying to see if there’s a common thread other than not truly running in host mode and if there is a good way I can update the code to detect this and warn about it.

To be honest, I am surprised and a little impressed at how many of you have jumped straight into Docker with no prior experience. This is fairly advanced stuff with a lot of places for mistakes to be made, so if I had known we’d get here, I would have probably put a bit more time into documenting steps. Maybe I’ll get to that at some point.

4 Likes

Thanks Brian (@brbeaird)! I used the command from your post #65 as below, docker run -d --name=β€˜smartthings-myq-edge’ --net=β€˜host’ -e β€˜MYQ_EMAIL’=β€˜myemail’ -e β€˜MYQ_PASSWORD’=β€˜myPassword’ 'brbeaird/smartthings-myq-edge

since it had the tag --net=β€˜host’ i assumed it would cause it to run in host mode. how can I check and update the mode. And the issue is that my windows executable has the behaviour here.

this is my first time using docker, so apologies for any noob questions.

What kind of machine are you running docker on?

Okay, i think i’ve made some progress…i gave up on docker and went the exe route with mac. I was able to get the file converted to run as an executable and it finds the myq variables from the config file. Also, for the first time, i am able to get the details for the IP of the server using a browser and it shows info for all 3 devices.

However, i still can’t successfully find the devices with a scan for devices in the ST App. Again, i get the same results when checking the logs for the driver.

2022-10-05T18:29:00.348293139+00:00 TRACE MyQ Door Server.new_with
2022-10-05T18:29:00.351401680+00:00 TRACE MyQ Door Server:post
2022-10-05T18:29:00.354815847+00:00 TRACE MyQ Door Server:post
2022-10-05T18:29:00.357877889+00:00 TRACE MyQ Door Server:listen
2022-10-05T18:29:00.376646222+00:00 DEBUG MyQ Door driver device thread event handled
2022-10-05T18:29:00.379939764+00:00 TRACE MyQ Door Received event with handler _resync
2022-10-05T18:29:00.383077639+00:00 TRACE MyQ Door Received event with handler environment_info
2022-10-05T18:29:00.387205639+00:00 TRACE MyQ Door Received event with handler environment_info
2022-10-05T18:29:00.390241930+00:00 DEBUG MyQ Door Z-Wave hub node ID environment changed.
2022-10-05T18:29:00.394473430+00:00 TRACE MyQ Door Received event with handler discovery
2022-10-05T18:29:00.412567347+00:00 INFO MyQ Door ===== SCANNING NETWORK…
2022-10-05T18:29:00.426486514+00:00 ERROR MyQ Door ===== No MyQ Bridge found in network

Any thoughts??

It’s an PineA64 single board, similar to Pi but different architecture (aarch64) i think. OS i’m running is the latest edition of DietPi v8.9.2. This is the one i use to run a network wide PiHole.

Some additional info, when i inspected the container, it does show the network mode as host and docker logs command on the container yields following.

Here is an interesting issue.

Everything was running fine this morning. Had a sd card corruption and had to reinstall everything.

Followed the same steps that I had used before. Now does not matter what options I use for network, I get the 3 lines of device, gateway discovery, and waiting for discovery, but ST app does not find the device. Also noticed when I run docker ps/docker container ls/docker container inspect id it does not show any port number. I even reinstalled the driver. Previously CLI would show ===== No MyQ Bridge found in network, now after reinstalling driver on app I get nothing.

I wonder if this has something to do with the new docker update. That is the only thing that really changed.

I’ve got a similar problem. Everything working as expected using the mac executable, but ST App still will not find devices.

The new thing is now when i check logs for the driver i get nothing. Previously i would get the No MyQ Bridge found in network, but now the log just does nothing during the scan for devices. What happened???

Hopefully I didn’t break something without realizing it but no promises. I’ll do some more testing when I can later today to make sure.

log(`Docker IP: ${ip}. Host IP is ${result}`);
    ip = result;
    log(`HTTP server listening on ${ip}:${port}`);
    startSsdp();

Removing β€œip = result;” fixes this for a docker install on a Synology NAS.

I was getting β€œHTTP server listening on: 192.168.1.1:xxxx” rather than β€œHTTP server listening on 192.168.1.59:xxxx”.

i downloaded the Smartthing CLI to my computer but i figure out what to do next. i dont see a program anywhere to run. can you give me more directions on what to do next.

thanks

From poweshell or command prompt
smartthings edge:drivers:logcat --hub-address=IPAddressofHub

Tried that and it worked previously…now it just stalls like this:

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Driver Id Name

1 a232e466-eb39-4f8a-998b-032ea9fcd28c Honeywell-Ademco Envisalink
2 67f66970-8a64-4a96-90e1-81fa85885708 MyQ Door
? Select a driver. 2
connecting… connected

Yep, few of us have the same issue.

I may have broken something yesterday - let me push updated docker images real quick to undo that.

im getting the error below
Error: Invalid IPv4 address format.

This is odd. I rolled back my last server change in case that caused issues, removed my devices, then tried rescanning - I’m now seeing the same issue where the edge driver is just not giving me any logs at all, like not even trying to scan when I do it from the mobile app. I tried republishing the driver - still nothing.

Also tried rebooting my hub. No luck. Wondering at this point if it’s a more widespread issue? I didn’t notice if firmware changed today or not.

Yeah, I’m not home right now.

But if you downloaded the windows msi file run it.
It should spit out an exec file. Move that file to wherever you want to keep it.

Hold shift and right click in the folder you have the exe file. Select run power shell. This should open windows PowerShell in that folder.

If that doesn’t work you’ll have to open PowerShell and the use dos commands to get to the folder you put the exe file.

Then there is a command to run the exe file from the power shell window. I don’t remember it off the top of my head. It’s listed in the thread I posted earlier.

I can give you the command when I’m home and can look it up.

The thread I posted earlier also tells how to select which driver you want to capture the logs of in the CLI.

I was too slow @rumrunner424 has the command line already posted

im getting this error though when i type in what he had me enter

Error: Invalid IPv4 address format.