This Edge driver provides an integration between SmartThings and Sense Energy Monitor using a LAN bridge server. Once you have the bridge server running (via simple executable or docker container), SmartThings will automatically detect and add your Sense devices, including Total, Always On, and Other.
- Follow the instructions here: GitHub - brbeaird/SmartThings-Sense-Edge: SmartThings/Sense Home Energy Integration via Edge
- You will need to enroll in my custom driver channel and then spin up your instance of the bridge server on your LAN.
Features and Notes
- Compared to the full-blown SmartApp integration, this driver’s functionality is more limited. However, you will still get devices created in SmartThings with both energy and switch capabilities. More functionality may be added in the future.
- The Edge driver and bridge server should automatically handle IP changes if they occur. They use SSDP to communicate during discovery and when IP/port updates occur.
- If you feel inclined to donate, you can find links on the GitHub page.