[ST Edge] ONVIF-compliant IP Camera Motion Detection & Video Streaming - Testers Wanted!

Does anyone know if the following cameras work?

Reolink E1 Outdoor
Reolink Duo 2 Wifi (or POE)
Reolink Trackmix

I would like to buy one of these, but I don’t know which one would work in the driver

It seems to be primarily the older Reolink models that can’t be discovered or don’t work, but most of the more recent ones seem to have a fairly decent ONVIF interface implementation.

Do some internet searching on those cameras and “ONVIF” to see if you can find any confirmation of support.

The Outdoor E1 should be good, the base E1 would not support ONVIF. Some cameras require ONVIF to be enabled and it can only be found in the PC client. I’ve posted where it’s hidden previously, but if you need I’ll dig through settings again and post exactly where.
Copy and paste from Reolink.
“All Reolink cameras and NVRs except for battery-powered cameras, cameras in the NVR kits, E1 and Lumus.”

2 Likes

I was able to install the driver and find my 4 cameras on the network (+the NVR, although I can’t do anything with it) and I was able to log in and get them responding, but I can’t get a camera group going and motion detection doesn’t work.

These are older interlogix cameras which are hikvision rebadges. Documentation online says they support ONVIF Profile G and S. G shows in smartthings, I’m unsure of how to change it. I don’t know if that would resolve anything.

I know with the Hikvision cameras there are some things you need to set up in the manufacturer’s app. Please refer the Hikvision notes toward the bottom in the README file.

Thanks, I have read that. Unfortunately it seems the firmware doesn’t match and I have no advanced options. I’m trying to see if I can flash hikvision firmware to the cameras. Interlogix went of business in the US, so it’s hard to find much about them, though the brand lives on somewhat in other regions. Their firmware didn’t help…

Incorrect firmware can fry a camera, if you dont have an official fw to install or to fall back on it is probably wise to not change

The adeage with cameras … if it ain’t broke dont fix it.

The Tvt 5301 is fully Onvif compliant by the looks of things

You should be able to access the cameras front end UI by browsing to it with microsoft edge

The next step to diagnosing this is to get some logs by using the SmartThings CLI tool. If you have a computer on your network (Windows may be easiest), then it is a simple executable that you install and it will allow you to view log output from the driver. This may provide me enough information to figure out why your camera isn’t working.

If you are willing to take this step, then you can download the Windows installer here.

You can read this post for more information. Just be sure to use the installer file link above, and not the one in that older post.

I’ll take a look, thanks!

For anyone that had installed my alternate test version of the driver for purposes of trying out the new Line Crossing and Tamper event support: I’ve found a problem that prevented these events from getting properly processed in many cases, and I’ve fixed it with an update. So if you have a chance, please try again. Note that if you haven’t already, with this alternate driver you will need to recreate your devices to see the new line cross and tamper fields. This should be working now for both Hikvision and Tapo cameras; possibly others, but not tested.

Please let me know your results.

1 Like

Thank you Tod, try as i might i could not get a meaningful and reliable result before, interested to see how things are now, thank you

Unable to add the new drivers ip camera to an existing camera group or create a camera group with new driver version

Driver ver. 22.01.23 5025
Hub ver 45:11
Android Galaxy
Hub and App reboot did not help

Driver installs fine, subscribes to events fine but fails to appear as a camera when adding in a group or new group, ST fails to see it as a camera

Cameras using same driver already in a group continue to function normaly with no issues on live stream

Thanks for the report. I’m worried perhaps something has changed in the platform or app that’s no longer supporting camera type devices, but I will do some investigating.

Are you getting line cross or tamper events reported from your cameras?

Its -6 outside, will do a test … in a minute, let me wake up and finish my coffee :blush:

So far nothing Tod, camera i tested is reporting line and movement using native software but as yet nothing from your driver and nothing in camera history

Settings for camera are un changed in your driver from initial install

I have a camera where the ONVIF password is empty and cannot be changed. It looks like in the settings currently, the minimum password length is 3 characters. When I leave this blank it isn’t saved, and I can’t connect to the camera. I wonder if there is a way round this? Thanks.

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

I’m not sure how that would even work with the required authentication process, which requires a password.

If you have the CLI to run some logs and want to experiment, direct message me and we can maybe try some things.

If you can, and whenever you get a chance, send me some logs of a Refresh cycle plus events.

1 Like