[ST Edge] Driver for GE/Jasco/Honeywell Z-Wave Switches, Dimmers, Fans, Outlets, and Plug-Ins

@Delgreco007 How do you “fork” his driver? is there a way to edit the driver on my hub?

That’s a github term. Basically, you’re making your own copy of his driver. You can then make changes and install your driver to your hub and use it for your switches. I haven’t done that enough to be able to explain how to do it off the top of my head, but this is the overview for Zigbee devices (same idea for Zwave):

Tutorial | Creating Drivers for Zigbee Devices with SmartThings Edge - Developer Programs / Tutorials - SmartThings Community

Thanks! I did driver tweaking on the old style of drivers… just hadn’t figured out how to do it in Edge – so thanks for pointing me in the direction!!!

Hi @philh30 ,
Thank you for the driver.
I am using GE smart fan switch 55258. The driver is working very good. I just have a question.
In the fan speed panel, it has off, low, medium, high and max. When I select high, the dimmer panel shows 100%. When I change it to max, the fan speed automatically jumps back to high.
I seems like I need to configure the dimmer to match the fan speed right?
Thank you

See above:

2 Likes

I at one point had the presentation in the app set up to hide the Max fan speed, but a change by ST broke that. Getting that set again is on my to do list.

3 Likes

Thank you very much!

Thank you a lot for the great driver!

Physical switch behavior is set for and works as instant on and off. Yet when I turn the lights on or off via ST or Alexa it always does so via dimming on/off. Can this be fixed or can a setting be added to the driver? I have zero desire to fade my lights on and off.

Thanks.

You can change the settings so it doesn’t fade up / down, or make it faster / slower as you choose.

Please screenshot the choice / option in the settings. Because I sure don’t see it. I see the “dim quickly” choice but there’s no other choice in there besides “dim quickly” or “dim slowly”. Would be good to have “instant on/off”there as well Thanks.

Thank you for this. I noticed our living room lights kept dimming quickly over Christmas break. First I thought it was a bad bulb, but checking the app I saw it was going back and forth between 1 and 100% dimming. Checked the driver and it was set as a switch for some reason. Updated to this driver and the dimming went away immediately.

Checked our other dimmers - half not updated to drivers yet, the other half all set as a switch. Updated them all.

Thank you @philh30 for all your hard work!

I have a a few GE 46203 Dimmers. This driver is working great to get my Double/Triple taps working.

I really would love the ability to disable all Ramp Up/Ramp Down dimming on the All On/Off. Hopefully Im explaining this correctly (Instant On to default brightness, Instant off to Zero).

I seem to accomplish the instant on if I set a default brightness value to a value less than 100, but the switch still ramps down slowly on off. :frowning:

Only options in settings is Dim Up/Down Rate - Options Dim Quickly/Dim Slowly

Is this something that can be added, or perhaps Im missing something?

Thanks for all your hard work!

Thanks a ton for this

The settings menu should have all of the options that are supported in your dimmer’s firmware. Those settings differ between models - I know some of the older dimmers had some pretty granular settings that could get you to instantaneous ramping, while the newer ones have the simpler fast/slow transition speed. There’s also the switch mode setting that you can try.

Hi there

Appreciate your hard work!
Just have a question
What do these settings do?

Zwave association allows two zwave devices to talk directly to each other. So a zwave motion sensor could turn on a zwave light switch when motion is detected, and then turn it back off when motion stops. Or some people use it to create a virtual 3-way switch. It takes the hub out of the equation, which could mean faster response. Most useful if you mainly have z-wave devices and they’re all joined to your hub at the same security level.

2 Likes

Brilliant
Thank you

Hi @philh30.
I’m going back to my last post. Any comment will be appreciate it. Thanks.

@philh30 Thank you so much for the hard work on making this work!
I have a lot of legacy GE switches and dimmers around the house that are working great with this edge driver, but then I have some GE 45605 Z-Wave Duplex Receptacle, and cannot making work correctly.
After adding them with your driver, the system cannot recognize the device status. Even you can turn them on/off, they show offline.
Couldn’t find any mention in all this thread about this specific model.

Any ideas will help. Thanks

@ramiropi I’d recommend you set up the CLI so that you can see what’s happening, otherwise it’s just guesswork. There are various posts on the forum regarding setting up logging, or I have instructions at the link below:

If you see any inbound zwave commands show up in logs then it may be something related to the driver. My best guess though is that the zwave messages aren’t getting to the driver, either due to a bad join, poor mesh, or a duplicate device. First thing I would recommend would be to exclude the device, then try to re-include it within an inch of the hub. Many of the legacy z-wave devices don’t join well (if at all) from a distance.