[ST Edge] Driver for GE/Jasco/Honeywell Z-Wave Switches, Dimmers, Fans, Outlets, and Plug-Ins

This driver is for zwave devices.

You were absolutely right, I had the device somehow installed with a DTH and Edge driver.

Great driver, thank you.

SmartThings have converted many of my Z-Wave switches and dimmers to the stock driver. I tried moving a few to your driver and all is good.

One frustrating thing, and nothing to do with this driver 
 it seems the ability to update the LED indicator setting is not exposed via the API for Edge devices. I have rules in SharpTools that handled this on devices using DTHs but the capability doesn’t show up for those using Edge drivers.

1 Like

Is this something you change frequently? Most devices, including the four different GE/Jasco models I have, provide a tap pattern that will cycle thru the possible LED settings.

Nightly on a few devices in my master bedroom. During daylight hours I have the LEDs act as normal (in my case the default on when device is off) but at night I want them off.

I used to use an old Groovy rboy app to do it. More recently I was handling it via SharpTools as it was possible if your device is using a DTH. But it seems the API does not expose the capability for drivers. It’s not available in native Routines either.

Even if I wanted to mess with them manually every night these are older devices without the option you describe.

Just another, albeit minor, step backwards.

Interesting.

I have about 90% of my devices’ LEDs set to on-when-on. Master bedroom, also the great room (living, dining, kitchen) where there are so many smart switches you could almost read a book by their lights at night.

I think I’d be confused by constantly flipping their state. But, as the saying goes, to each their own.

2 Likes

Hi @philh30 I’m experiencing some delays in responsiveness to button presses. I went to try your recommendation to remove “Turn On” and just set a dimming level - it doesn’t seem that this is separated, maybe this is deprecated?

@philh30 Any chance you’re going to add parameters (default dim level) for routines to the non-motion dimmers?

thank you for this!

Works well but I am noticing that sometimes it’s not registering which way the paddle switch is being double pressed and instead reporting “Pressed 2 times”:

No real reason that I can tell and its for both the up direction and down direction. It happens when left alone and used for the first time as well as when testing it out for several minutes at a time.

I’ve seen the requests - both yours and the ones for the indicator light - but I’m not in a position where I can commit to getting that done. I have limited time to work on ST integrations, and multiple projects competing for that time. I don’t like to commit to something that I can’t get to in a reasonable amount of time.

1 Like

There should be two events posted for each button press - a generic ‘pressed’ and a more specific toggle with direction. Your event history is showing both. If you’re watching detail view then you may only see one pop up but both should trigger routines. At the time that I wrote the driver, I thought having both might be helpful but in hindsight the generic ‘pressed’ are probably unnecessary.

1 Like

Perfect thank you!

1 Like

I’d need a bit more detail to really respond to this - for example, what you’re pressing (a button in the app or the physical device). Troubleshooting this sort of thing would require you to get live logging running in the CLI so that you can track where the lag is occurring. When I’ve looked into these in the past I’ve seen significant lag in the z-wave queue, which is outside the control of this driver. Another area of concern is if your hub is out of memory.

I think that recommendation was for when the ‘on’ command was setting dimmers to full brightness, but that’s been fixed.

I have a new Enbrighten switch. If I try to select @philh30 's GE driver, it doesn’t appear as an option? is there a way to force that driver?

This is the switch ID info:

I think I’ve figured out something. Basically I had Routines that were set to change the dim level of the lights (a GE 46204 toggle dimmer) – toggle up 2x=100%, down 2x=25%. Essentially the Routine would run reliably when the light was off, however when it was on, it would work maybe 10% of the time. The Button state would register the Toggle Up Twice, Toggle Down Twice, even tho the routine didn’t run.

SO 
 I added another condition to the same device “If ON or OFF” in addition to the 2x toggle, and now it runs reliably! Huh?

EDIT: Nope.

Well
 it’s not fixed.

The strangeness I was experiencing was in fact due to the presence of the Turn On with Dimmer setting in the routine (all I was fussing with was just randomness). By removing Turn On (which I couldn’t find initially – you have to “un-check” a radio button – I mean, really we’re inventing UI standards @smartthings? un-check a radio button???) the routine started working reliably and the light would dim accordingly (100% 29% 44% all started working if the light was already on).

Maybe it’s a new incarnation of the bug you’re referencing.

@philh30 Thank you so much for the hard work on making this work! I have a lot of legacy GE switches and dimmers around the house that are working great with this edge driver, but then I have some GE 45605 Z-Wave Duplex Receptacle, and cannot making work correctly.
After adding them with your driver, the system cannot recognize the device status. Even you can turn them on/off, they show offline.
Couldn’t find any mention in all this thread about this specific model.

Any ideas will help. Thanks

@philh30 Any idea why this switch won’t allow me to select your driver?

ProductType: 0x4944
ProductID: 0x3431
ManufID: 0x0063

thanks! grrat job
So, Its possible you can add the option to select icon for “water” or “irrigation” as below?

I am using your controller for a water pressurizer control :grin:

ST-Edge-Drivers/GE-Jasco at main · philh30/ST-Edge-Drivers · GitHub

Those are the fingerprints that are recognized by his driver. Your device does not appear to be on there. Until he has the time to add new devices, your best option would be to fork his driver and try adding the fingerprint yourself. The code for similar devices would probably work. I had to do the same to gain functionality for some newer switches.