[ST Edge] Driver for GE/Jasco/Honeywell Z-Wave Switches, Dimmers, Fans, Outlets, and Plug-Ins

The ‘max’ is part of the fan speed capability. ST set up the capability to have 4 speeds (there’s no way to change it), but the general consensus is that Jascos only have 3. So… one of the 4 speeds is going to be nonfunctional no matter what. I debated making 100% map to max but it wouldn’t actually make the fan go faster.

I think 3x up then 3x down does factory reset. That’s actually kinda dangerous with multi-tap being more of a thing on switches these days.

My indicator changes are pretty quick. Usually instant, but there’s always the chance that the message is delayed a few seconds. It shouldn’t take too long. Honestly, if it’s not parameter 3 then I’d be willing to bet that it’s not supported. Jasco has been very consistent about using that parameter, even if they’ve sometimes changed which setting is which. If you can get live logging going (instructions below) then we can at least see whether the switches are getting/accepting the parameter changes.

My fan switch is also a 14287, and the indicator change works. Jasco has multiple firmware options within each model though, so it’s possible that ours are different.

Live Logging

1. Download the most recent release from Releases · SmartThingsCommunity/smartthings-cli · GitHub.
  2. Open a Command Prompt window and navigate to the directory where the CLI was downloaded.
  3. The first time you use the CLI, you will be prompted to log into your SmartThings account. Run a list of your devices by typing:
smartthings devices
  1. After authenticating the CLI, find the Driver ID for this driver by running:
smartthings edge:drivers:installed
  1. Now start live logging by running the command below, entering the Driver ID found above and the IP address of your ST Hub in place of <DriverID> and <HubIP>:
smartthings edge:drivers:logcat <DriverID> --hub-address <HubIP>
1 Like