SONOS not working as before

I have two Sonos Connect:amp components and using eero mesh. Had only minor issue adding everything. It seemed to get stuck at 60% complete. When I cancelled out of that, all components had been discovered.

FWIW, my “main” Wi-Fi puck, SmartThings v2 hub, and Sonos Connect:amp components are all in my wiring closet and are all connected to the same Ethernet switch.

I had the same thing happen.

On a related note, the Samsung SmartThings app crashes when I try to view the details of the device. It works fine under the SmartThings Classic app.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I turned off the mesh points and just left the main connected one on. Sonos on wifi right next to the router and ST connected to router. Same network. Still no luck.

Perhaps it might be worth trying to reset the Sonos… And then try again

Thanks,

Tim

A little tangent:

What do you recommend as the cheapest Sonos device (new or used) that can be used to thoroughly test this new integration? It should support Album Art as well as all the basic media commands, please…

@625alex and/or myself need to get one to ensure ongoing integration with ActionTiles, of course.

You could also try some of the other suggestions, from here - Sonos Connectivity: Known Requirements

Sonos devices should have fixed (reserved) IP addresses, not dynamically assigned via DHCP.

1 Like

If you can find one, the original Sonos Play:1 (not Sonos One). About $150. Or the Sonos One (Gen 1) when on sale ($169 right now on Amazon).

1 Like

Probably the Play:1

It’s one of the oldest, smallest devices.available directly from Sonos for $150. Possibly cheaper on eBay

2 Likes

Don’t go that far as 150$. Cheap as 99$ from IKEA as starts.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/search/products/?q=symfonisk

I have the lamp, but the bookshelf should be the same. And it is fully Sonos inside.

@Automated_House, have you got the bookshelf one?

I don’t had a Sonos…yet. Will probably pick up a Ikea Sonos and blinds when they come out in October.

I’ve thought, you’ve already bought one.

This is the details of the new IKEA speakers.

@625alex and you could order one. In Canada is available too.

2 Likes

Nope, just know people that have. And that was back with the old integration.

Bookshelf one?

Good point. I forgot about the Ikea stuff. Although I have no experience with it.

Back to main thread

Does the Sonos Connect have an Ethernet port like the Connect:amp? Maybe hard wire the Connect?

Any Ideas on this one- Talking alarm clock
I also received the message that I had to update my Sonos asap. I followed the instruction and discovered I lost all of my text to speech functions. I was able to recreate almost everything with the speaker companion app, ok not perfect, but working. Then I tried to update Talking Alarm Clock- my all-time favorite app but I got this

ok I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, that didn’t work. Sent ST a trouble ticket and was told this- As per your query to fix this issue kindly perform the below-given steps:
• Remove the readd the device
• Confirm the speaker and SmartThings Hub are online and connected to the same network.
• Confirm speaker’s firmware is up to date.
• While the Hub is searching, reboot the speaker.
• Reboot the Hub and the speaker at the same time
• Reboot the router

and that was a nightmare. Now I I back to having a 1/2 working system but I am still getting the same error from Talking Alarm Clock app. I believe the app needs to be updated for the Sonos integration but I don’t know enough about programming to confirm my assumption. Any ideas?

The SmartApp is using capability.musicPlayer which the new Sonos device handler doesn’t support. Changing that to capability.audioNotification will likely address your issue.

2 Likes

@Brad_ST is right. I’ve updated the code so it works now (thanks to @GSzabados who fixed my code problem), just returning the favor to you that he did for me. I also did not test everything. Text to Speech works and Alarm sounds works… my guess is everything else works but I did not test.

Code is too long to post here… https://github.com/maxweltd/TalkingAC/blob/master/talkingcode

3 Likes

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! code is installed. The app has been programmed and yes the Sonos showed up :grinning: I enable the alarm summary and nothing happened… not going to worry just yet. sometimes things take a little time. I have an alarm set for 4:00 AM I will let you how it turns out. thank you again :grinning: