SmartThings/Samsung Account Migration Beta

An Alexa outage with ST was reported last night but supposedly has since been resolved. Go through the bug reports. Most people including myself had success by disabling and reconnecting the skill and making sure to select the Location that all your SmartThings devices are in.

This is a summary of all the bugs from round 1 that I created in the Suggestions put in Centercode. Some of them may have been fixed in round 2. If you encounter any of these issues, there is a bug report for it already created a couple months ago:

Summary of bugs submitted as of 10/17:

1. Mobile presence no longer working. Android for sure, not positive on IOS (This I believe is the hottest item that is negatively impacting the beta testers)

2. Additional Home Location being added with migration, even for those without Samsung appliances, and this Home location becoming the default on ST application

3. GitHub Integration - Enable GitHub Integration button has been reintroduced and those that have pressed, have lost all Repositories under Settings.

4. Migration banner screen - Some folks have been unable to migrate because they have not received the message in the app.

5. Alexa Integration - Requires all folks who successfully migrated to disable skill and enable again and login and select the correct (old) location, not Home. Wondering if there are any other integrations between 3rd party products that are impacted because of the 2nd account being created. FYI - This issue occurs even if the same email address and password is used between the ST and new Samsung account. Which leads me to believe it has something to do with how locations are assigned to each account.

6. Samsung Connect - A few issues reported on functionality and accessibility

7. Favorites - Looks like 100% of the migrations remove the Favorites from Home Screen in ST App

8. Widgets - Reported that widgets that existed on IOS disappear after Migration. This appears to be fine on Android (at least on my phone)

9. Manage Users - This was somewhat addressed with a post about needing to migrate the other users before they would show up again.

If you do encounter any of these above or new issues, make sure to update or create a new bug report. The whole point is so they address these things and get them fixed before ever rolling this out to the general public. If you don’t log them, they won’t know about them.

1 Like