SmartThings Outage - Mar 12 2018

thank you, i’ll look into it…current screen is attached btw

1 Like

I just got booted from the app and it won’t let me relogin.

I have hubitat sitting here too, but currently too many of my devices and smartapps are not yet supported

1 Like

yeah i didn’t see anything for nest, august or Ring

My plan was to do a gradual cutover and probably leave cloud integrations on the ST hub. I know you can connect the hubs and let them communicate and see each other’s statuses, etc.

Any Idea how long these outages last on average? this seems like the longest

Usually not this long - I haven’t been too affected by the repeated outages the last few months until today.

2 Likes

Yep,kicked out to login (both Android and iPhone), impossible to sign back in. Customer service just hangs up…strangely… action tiles are working intermittently

1 Like

Same here. Out, completely. Can’t login anymore.

There’s no “average” – – they vary a lot. There was one in January this year that was more than a day. Or maybe two. Two long ones, anyway. They’ll post at the top of the status page when they think it’s resolved.

Smartthings staff: I know you are struggling right now. But coming from supporting a buisness where minutes mean fortunes. The phrase I hear all the time is…

Tick tock people, tick tock.

@twack @nastevens @posborne @Brad_st @Lars

I’m not even able to load the status page…is anyone else having this issue?

I’ve been looking at this twitter account instead:

https://twitter.com/issmartthingsup?lang=en

I am curious on how these outages occur? I might be to heavily reliant on ST - I even have my fire sprinklers controlled with SmartThings! And plan to automate my exterior gate with ST.

I do see improvements…and I hopefully these outages will soon become a very very rare event.

And I still yet to see a viable alternative to ST…I think it is the best so far…thanks to the community for all the custom SmartApps and Device Handlers.

I and my wife are both having issues. Google home isn’t working and both of our phones were signed out of the app. Trying to sign back in takes forever and eventually gives the error something went wrong.

I can not log in ST on my Android phone .

First time in mind over two years this has happened to me.

You should definitely not have your fire sprinklers on SmartThings. The company agrees, see their product usage guidelines:

https://www.smartthings.com/guidelines

Data accuracy and consistency from SmartThings sensors, including those provided by SmartThings directly, resold by SmartThings, or supported by SmartThings, is not guaranteed.
Therefore, you should not rely on that data for any use that impacts health, safety, security, property or financial interests.
For example, because temperature readings may vary significantly from reading to reading on an individual device, between devices, or over time, those readings should not be used to control heating and cooling in environments where food spoilage, health risks, or damage to physical goods could occur.
Alternately, presence data from SmartThings devices or mobile/Smartphones can vary in accuracy, and therefore should not be used to control access to secure locations without secondary authentication.
SmartThings provides information on the physical state of many devices, including through contact sensors (which may provide open/closed status of windows and doors), accelerometers, locks, appliances, HVAC, light and power fixtures, and presence sensors.
The complexity of combining physical interactions with digital interactions may result in inconsistencies in the representation of the actual state of a device in the physical world in its digital representation.
In all cases, SmartThings does its best to interpret and maintain the state of these devices (including by querying for current data), but this is not intended as a replacement for direct, physical verification in situations where the true state of a device may have an impact on health, safety, security, property or financial interests.
For example, you should not assume that a curling iron (which may cause a fire if left on too long) is actually off without physically verifying the state.

6 Likes

Mine also… never had it happen but locks unlocked by themselves, Alexa wont connect to it. The App wanted me to re-login in and I tried but the app completely didn’t load

Then you must not check in very often. There have been at least 15 outages in that time. See the official status page or the first bug report page in the community – created wiki for outage history.

It’s not unusual for people who work outside the home to not know that an outage has occurred. But there has been at least one a month for the last 20 months except for one month, I think January 2017. But there’s been more than one in some of the other months so…

3 Likes

All automations seem to work – motion, lights, locks. But app, tiles, and Alexa can’t connect. First time I’ve had trouble (aside from the hub going offline for short periods – maybe 3 times since the kickstarter days), but I tend not to live in the app, so it’s possible I’ve been oblivious to other outages… :wink:

2 Likes