SmartThings Outage - Mar 12 2018

the inability to edit smartlighting, routines and scenes should now be fixed/working. According to my sources. Iti does work for me again.

SmartLighting and Routine editing should be fixed across all shards. DM me if you are still having issues

6 Likes

Larry, I purposely modified your topic name so that historical searches for all the platform outages look the same and are easier to find for community members:

Just so we have consistency for the tons of outages already encountered this year.

4 Likes

Does she know that you donā€™t think sheā€™s capable of turning off a light switch?

7 Likes

I meant pull the batteries out of the siren.

Get her a hammer for Christmas and if it happens again, I bet she will be able to silence the siren without an issue :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m still seeing a ā€œhub is offlineā€ message. Can anyone suggest a fix?

Power cycling your hub should fix this issue :slightly_smiling_face: Otherwise we are going to be doing something on our end in a bit to fix any hubs that got into this state.

Thanks for the reply. I wonā€™t be able try that fix until I get home this evening.

We should have it fixed before then. Iā€™ll post an update when I have one in this thread.

2 Likes

My hub is STILL OFFLINE! Are you saying it will not automatically try to reconnect after this outage? I have to physically go to it and power cycle it? Oh come on!

Good thing I can do that. I feel sorry for those who have no physical access to it.

Exactly. I am using ST for a couple of ā€˜criticalā€™ things, but I have automations that handle the scenarios, once the system comes back online, that might occur if the system fails. And indeed, there is always a backup: I can always get up and flip the switch, or lock the door, etc.

We are going to be doing something on our end to fix hubs that have gotten into this weird state, we are sorry for the inconvenience. If you want to fix this issue faster than we are going to be able to physically power cycling your hub is your best option unfortunately

1 Like

For most people, they donā€™t have an issue with the Hub remaining offline.

As for rebooting the Hub, it can be done remotely via the IDE under Hubs. I do this occasionally without issue. So you donā€™t need physical access to it.

For doing a full blown boot to be able to rebuild the mesh, then you would need physical access to remove the batteries and allow it to remain powered off for 20 minutes or more. :slight_smile:

You missed the point. The hub will not reconnect from this outage, therefore I was unable to reboot it from the ide (I tried). I just did it, it had to be physically unplugged, then batteries removed in order to power it down.

I didnā€™t miss any point. For most people, including myself, the Hub recovers on itā€™s own after an outage without the need for a reboot and thatā€™s simply what I stated to you.

They are currently working on a fix for the minority of people where the hub is remaining in this odd Offline state, such as yours.

1 Like

Anyone whoā€™s hub isnā€™t online can also feel free to DM me and I should be able to help get you back online.

4 Likes

Ok then Iā€™m not sure why you are responding to my issue. It is obviously a different issue than you experienced.

1 Like

But you cannot reboot with IDE if your hub is offline, right?

This is a big issue for me since my hub is on a second home thatā€™s over 100 miles away.

Over the last month, the Hub Offline messages have been False positives where the Hub was still actually online although the UI was starting otherwise.

I was just stating the fact that most people after an outage recover without the need for doing any additional special steps.