SmartThings iOS app is suddenly not working

My smart things app is suddenly not working . I have an iPhone 15 pro max and the functionalities are greyed out. Does anyone have a solution for thin

Thank you for editing :slight_smile: Still didn’t work :frowning: I tried installing and reinstalling, still didn’t work . I don’t know what to do anymore and I need to set a schedule for my child’s room as it’s cold, is there maybe another app that one can use ? Or maybe logon on a laptop to the website?

Have you tried disabling wi-fi on the phone temporarily and using the app over mobile data?

Hi, @Zanele_Hlatshwayo. Welcome back to the Community!

If the last test mentioned by Graham above doesn’t work, could you share the following with us at build@smartthings.com, please?

• App logs
  1. In the app menu, go to “contact us”
  2. Then, tap on “Error reports”, then click on “next” without selecting a device type
  3. On the opened page, tap 10 times on the title “Error reports” until the prompt to create a log appears.
  4. Click on “ok” and wait for the process to finish. Then, save the generated file in the place you prefer and share it with us
  • Support access to your account
  1. Confirm the email account registered in the forum is the same one you use for SmartThings. If not, please share it with me over DM
  2. Enable support access to your account:
  1. Go to the SmartThings Web (my.smartthings.com)
  2. Log in to your Samsung Account
  3. Select Menu (â‹®) and choose Settings
  4. Toggle on Account Data Access
  5. Select the time period and confirm - In this step, please select “Until turned off”, once the team finishes, we’ll let you know so you can disable it again.

Do you have a SmartThings hub, and if so, which one?

Hi
Same things started with me today. iPhone 15 all greyed out, iPad Pro [gen2) all is fine. iPhone 13 and older iPad partially greyed out.

Tried signing out, reinstalling app, rebooted hub multiple time (firmware .052) and rebooted gateway/router. Tried phone on mobile cellular and wifi .

1 Like

Same thing here. All my devices are showing “grey out” on the ST app. But on my.smartthings.com page all looks good. Something is happening to the iOS app :frowning: and it started for me like an hour ago or so

Hi, @Mike_Battista, @ascernas77

The first report referred to a single device, so, in this case we need more info from you to report the behavior you’re experiencing not being able to use any device in the app, could you share the following, please?

1. Enable the creation of additional logs in the app:
  1. In the ST app, go to “menu” > “settings”.
  2. At the bottom of that page, you’ll find a section called “Troubleshooting”. Please, enable the option that says “Create Additional SmartThings Log”.
  3. Restart the app
  1. Screen recording of your mobile device showing the issue.
  2. After recording that, generate and send us the app logs.
  1. In the app menu, go to “contact us”
  2. Then, tap on “Error reports”
  3. On the opened page, tap 10 times on the title “What is the error about” until the prompt to create a log appears.
  4. Click on “ok” and wait for the process to finish. Then, save the generated file in the place you prefer and share it with us at build@smartthings.com
  1. Confirm the email account registered in the forum is the same one you use for SmartThings. If not, please share it with me over DM
  2. Enable support access to your account:
  1. Go to the SmartThings Web (my.smartthings.com)
  2. Log in to your Samsung Account
  3. Select Menu (â‹®) and choose Settings
  4. Toggle on Account Data Access
  5. Select the time period and confirm - In this step, please select “Until turned off”, once the team finishes, we’ll let you know so you can disable it again.

@Mike_Battista, we got your first email, please reply in the same thread with the information above, we tried to access our account but it isn’t enabled yet.

1 Like

Hi @nayelyz

I just sent the email with the logs and a video replicating the issue. Please let me know if you received it or if you need more logs or do it again.

I can confirm the email used on this forum is the same for my Smartthings account.

I also enabled the Account Data Access until turned off

Hope you can help us on this.

Regards,

2 Likes

Hi @nayelyz

Just sent my logs and enables data access as I am experiencing the same issue on my IOS device.

1 Like

I’ve done the same but given that it seems to be a widespread outage shouldn’t the SmartThings status page be updated to reflect this issue

That would be the right thing to do, but …. :joy:

Seems to be the new norm, just look at Sonos and their latest app debacle.

2 Likes

Hmm. Mine is working fine. iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17.5.1,
ST App 1.7.14.22, V3 Hub Firmware 052.00021

I am experiencing the same issue. iPhone 15 running latest iOS and latest smartthings app.

@nayelyz

I am experiencing the same issue and have just submitted the requested files via email and enabled access.

2 Likes

Have SmartThings even acknowledged there is an issue ?

I added a new ZigBee device to my hub this afternoon. It’s working. All other devices still greyed out

interesting! what happens if you edit a device in the Advanced Web App?

Tried changing a driver didn’t work

change the room and refresh the app screen.