[SmartThings Edge] Issue after several drivers updates

Hi @nayelyz,

Yesterday afternoon, European time, I updated and published several drivers in a short period of time to add a print of the memory used by the driver in the logcat, ( print(collectgarbage("count")), nothing that affects the operation of the driver.

Some users experienced multiple device disconnections several hours later when the drivers on their hubs were updated, as you can see in the comments here

I don’t know if this may have to do with the possible simultaneous update of several drivers and the handling that the hub does of this process.

In IDE the hub events show a HubUpdated event every time a driver is updated.

I carried out the update process, but with the CLI and I was installing the new version one by one and I had no problem, but possibly when it was done automatically and simultaneously there have been problems in some Hubs

I don’t know if it would be convenient for your team to review the process of a multiple update of several drivers automatically.

It issue happened again a few months ago, that I added the firmareUpdate capability to several drivers at the same time

@Paul_Oliver and @milandjurovic71 and others user, Sorry for inconvenience caused
I will no longer update multiple drivers at once in the future

Thanks

2 Likes

OK, I need the info below for the team to see if there are logs about it. Please, send it in a DM:
From Mariano:

• driver ID
  • channel ID

From @milandjurovic71 and @Paul_Oliver:

• The email account where you have installed the Hub and devices affected
  • If you have more than one Hub, share the name of the corresponding one.
  • The Hub logs as soon as you can because the amount of time the logs are saved depends on how many devices you have.
  1. In the IDE, enter “my hubs”
  2. Enter the corresponding Hub and go to “view utilities”
  3. Click on “send” below "send hub logs
2 Likes

Sent by DM

2 Likes

Sent info and logs

1 Like

Sent by DM

1 Like