Smartthings Android (update 1.7.75.23) 17 Dec 2021

The weather widget on the home screen STILL does not respect your unit settings. My location is set to celsius, and it displays in fahrenheit. How this is not fixed after multiple releases, I don’t know. I don’t want anything to do with fahrenheit. If it could make it illegal to use fahrenheit I would. So stop showing it to me.

I just got the app update. In the US. Several of my plug icons changed to light bulbs and there is no option for a plug icon to change them back to. :triumph:

Zooz Zen15 z-wave plug
Minoton z-wave double plug
Minoston z-wave outdoor dimmer plug
Eva Logik outdoor z-wave plug

Plugs generally have many icon choices.
Open device, press 3 dots, edit, & change icon.

I want them to show as plugs but that is not an icon choice

This is an Enbrighten z-wave in wall outlet I left off the bove list

It seems like it is now seeing them as switches rather than outlets. If they stopped using device types in favour of categories that could happen, but I’d be expecting to see the same on many of my own devices that use DTHs and so don’t have categories and I’m not. And why the light bulb instead of the default switch?

Well, I think that with egde drivers it uses categories.
I changed all the switch profiles to SmartPlug categories and the icon change options changed to plug

Is that with the ocfDeviceType also present and saying something different?

Hopefully if there are multiple categories defined for a component they offer the icons for each of them.

Yes, each of the 6 profiles has a different ocfDeviceType and icon defined, but they all have in categories: SmartPlug.
I don’t know how this affects how these profiles look in voice assistants.

Nor do I know if more than one category can be assigned per component or device

I was hoping to see that the Zooz Zen 15 would be recognized for what the product is intended to be used for, but really, the options are bulbs and a fan.

Is that middle one in the contact sensor a sliding door or a window that opens from the middle? I’m not at home for several days, otherwise would just check myself.

Either IMO. I’m using it for a sliding door.

1 Like

I am using same icon for sliding door and sliding window

@Automated_House How your hub’s icon looks like? Activate or inactive?
My always looks inactive, however if I go to edit hub, it shows up as active, only there.
Screenshot_20211221-150939_SmartThings

Edit

This one should be always active as long as hub is on or online.

2 Likes

A lot of things show inactive on the tile view for no good reason

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I have never seen it active. I’ve usrd ST since July.

In Notifications, you used to only have control over ‘General Notifications’ or Devices. Now I see you can select notifications for Services.

I haven’t looked at that for a while. Was that introduced in a relatively recent update or is it Harry Spankers?

It’s been around for a while, so…Harry Spankers? :joy:

1 Like

Hi, @SamsungZell. Could you help us know the reason for this difference in icons available, please?
Post above: Smartthings Android (update 1.7.75.23) 17 Dec 2021 - #10 by milandjurovic71

2 Likes

So not Harry Spankers (new or clean) and not recent either. I probably forgot it was there.

I’ve never sat through the ‘how to use’ videos either, and certainly not the live action ones.

2 Likes

Just checked mine, seems same as yours, shows inactive though it’s always active… never took a lot of notice before