Smartthings Android (update 1.7.75.23) 17 Dec 2021

And in the US, requiring watching a video would be an accessibility violation. The information needs to also be available in a text-only format. Just sayin’…

3 Likes

Hey there everyone! @nayelyz thank you for the tag!

It appears to me that the available options displayed are based on the OCF Type being used by the device as @milandjurovic71 mentioned. However, I want to get this information confirmed to be one-hundred percent sure so I have escalated this to hopefully provide additional insight to you all.

Changing icons is currently possible for contact,multi-sensors, lighting devices, and SmartTags.
Note: Some device types such as door locks and motion sensors, currently do not have the option to change icons.

I also wanted to provide the numerical count for the options available to be selected for Icon changes.

Switches/lights - Displays 8 options to select.
Outlets - Displays 16 options to select.
Contact Sensors - Displays 5 options to select.
Multi-sensors - Displays 9 options to select.
Smart Tags - Displays 29 Options.

I hope this message finds you all well!

^SamsungZell

2 Likes

Thank you @nayelyz and @SamsungZell for update.

Anyway if you continue reading posts below mine, you will find more issues that other users are reporting, like:

• animated/non animated icons
  • activate/inactive icons
  • no icons availability for virtual devices

Maybe engineers should look into all of this

2 Likes

Will the iOS version of the app get the option for changing icons at some point? Today’s iOS app update does not.

1 Like

@SamsungZell ?

I have the same problem. Weather always displays in Fahrenheit and not Celsius. Even though my location in IDE is set to Celsius.