Smarthings Outlet. Fire Hazard

Have Samsung released a new version of the plug? I stumbled upon this post so was checking my plugs and they all say 13amp on them

Damn, had one from their starter kit and bought two more recently, all seem fine so far, although was shocked at how tight a fit the sockets are on the recent ones. Wished I’d seen this thread beforehand, now wondering if I can return them to Maplin on safety grounds as they’ve been used.

Has anyone taken this to watchdog?

Mine says it’s a 12Amp plug. I’ve never used it as a outlet but just as a repeater.

I bought that from Amazon as well as part of starter kit not sure how I am supposed to return one item only, I ll see what they can do, you just need to mention there is fire hazard with the plug? I don’t see any physical damage with my plug so far, nothing high loading was plugged either

I had 2 come yesterday. I plugged in the kettle and boiled water 25 times with no problem.
I’ve ordered another 2 while they have the offer on.

ive had 4 of these heiman plugs delivered now - overall impressed. instructions come with full eu conformity certificate, instructions and technical sheets written in fluent english. they look and feel a good quality bit of kit. no reason to doubt them so far. paired easily and work 100% of the time.

2 for 33 quid off ebay - 1/2 the cost of the samsung plugs.

I now have three and am impressed with them too, although I am tempted to try the Hive Active Plug that @JDRoberts mentioned earlier, if it is a Zigbee repeater… how could that be proven if I were to try one?

Hi there. I have just bought the ST starter kit. After reading this thread I have noticed that I can’t find any suppliers in the UK that have the ST outlet plugs in stock anymore. Does anyone know if there is a stock shortage or is this to do with a possible recall?

Ed

I’ve had the same issue with two of my smartplugs too, both making a crackling/popping sound. Only used once or twice for christmas lights, but as they were just outside warranty Samsung refused to replace.

No one knows and no one is saying dude…

1 Like

I have had a couple of the Heiman plugs for a few days and would agree with the above that they seem very well made and are rated fo 3000W.

The are very easy to pair and so far have worked perfectly, so I have just ordered another 4 while they are on offer.

The only down side is that they are larger than the SmartThings plugs, so if you are tight on space they might not fit.

I will be keeping my SmartThings plugs as I have never had a problem with them, but will not use them on any high power devices.

I too ordered the Heiman plugs. What a difference from the piece of crap samsung version!

I had the starter kit, plug went tits up. Bought 2 more from ebay (couldn’t find them anywhere) and within days both of them have developed poor connections. Absolutely terrible.

These things are spot on. Now have my hot tub, external filter, propane gas heater, christmas lights and various porch lights etc all hooked up. Faultless.

1 Like

I’m getting another 2 Heiman plugs from ebay today…

1 Like

Has anyone managed to get the power metering to work on these Heiman plugs ?

It only seems to update the power usage if I go into the app and click on the refresh icon.

I would do with it updating every minute or so if it’s possible.

Yes you have to refresh to get right reading.

That’s disappointing. Good plugs but not much use for power monitoring.

I wanted to get an alert when the tumble dryer was finished. I could do it with the SmartThings socket, but I won’t use them for any high power devices after reading this.
Can anyone recommend a socket with good power monitoring that I could use?

I have two of these Heiman Scockets and both seem to be updating power reading changes within 30 - 60 secs.
Which Device Handler are you using?
Mine are using Z-Wave Metering Switch DTH

Yes, i am using the Z-Wave Metering Switch device handler, but nothing updates unless i go into the device and click the refresh button.

Put the tumble dryer on today, but when i check the recently tab it hasn’t updated for 2 days!

That’s strange. Here’s a screenshot of my Recently tab. I was charging my Tablet through the Heiman socket as a test and as you can see the watts was updating about every 60 secs or so.

1 Like

Very strange. I have got it updating by using Polster but I will try removing and adding it again and see if it starts updating.