Smart Lock Guest Access - "Couldn't download"?

I’ve been using Smart Lock Guest Access in the new SmartThings app for a couple of months now and have been having an issue with it lately. I can no longer Lock and unlock my deadbolt from the app (Schlage Z-Wave Plus). In addition, when I tap on its heading or anywhere in the tile other than the Lock/Unlock all button it gives me a pop-up message saying “Couldn’t download Smart Lock Guest Access”. Try again.". I believe that it used to show me the status of the Lock (online, offline, etc) when I tapped it. You can see the message at the bottom of the attached screenshot.
Oddly, when the lock is manually toggled I still get the notifications for it.

I don’t see a way to remove the Smart Lock feature so that I can re-add it. I so have the deadbolt set up in the old app with “Smart Locks” and it’s not working there either. The only thing that has changed is that my phone updated to Android 10. Could that have something to do with it?

Any ideas? TIA!

Edit: Using the SmartThings v3 hub.

Screenshot_20190909-234929|243x500

Try to uninstall it and reinstall it from the Automations page, click on the 3 dots and delete.

Alternatively if you have access to RBoy Apps, you can try LUM: [RELEASE] Lock User Management - Door lock code manager (create, delete and schedule codes) with automatic lock/unlock, custom user actions and SHM/ADT integration (LUM)

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I tried that and it still gives the error. :confused:

Looks like I may have to check out the Rboy stuff!

i’m betting on android 10. There are some known bugs with the SmartThings app and Android 10.

1 Like

Got the below response to my message to SmartThings support, confirming that it’s an Android 10-related issue:

Dear Samsung Customer,

Thank you for contacting Samsung SmartThings Support.

We are deeply sorry you are experiencing issues with SmartThings. This is related to an issue on our end for Android 10 and we are working hard to resolve this. We thank you for your patience.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards
Waseem
Samsung SmartThings Support.

1 Like

Same issue. Pixel 3/Android 10. Select the Lock App and receive ‘Couldn’t download Smart LockGuesy Access’. Removed app and reinstalled, same issue. Automation for that app is currently broken. I’m interested in when they fix it.

Yes, this needs a fix for Android 10. I’m going on vacation and need to add a guest code. This is an important function of the lock

I was able to add and delete codes via the classic app. The name assigned for the code doesn’t show up in the notifications, but at least I can add a code for now if needed until they fix the new app.

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.