New app smart lock guest management? Where is it?

Curious if anyone found the smart lock guest access function in the new smartthings app. I am unable to locate it according instructions provided on the smartthings website. I did download the classic app and have it running there so I know my lock supports it. Question #2 are many using the new app? Looks like of forum is focused on classic. Just curious.

1 Like

I wondered the same thing when the iOS update came out last week. Looks like yet another case of Samsung not communicating with each other.

1 Like

Same issue. I am looking for the guest lock management and cannot find it.

+1 Cannot find the Smart Lock Guest Access. I’m trying to use the new app as much as possible, but there are features that are important to me that are either missing, or difficult to use.

In the meanwhile, if you have access to RBoy Apps you can use this app [RELEASE] Lock User Management: Door lock code manager (create, delete and schedule codes) with automatic lock/unlock, custom user actions and SHM/ADT integration with the new ST app.

Smart Lock Guest Management is Smart Locks for the new app. This feature is currently delayed and the release notes are being updated to reflect this confusion.

1 Like

It’s now live. Had to close my app after installing to get it to show up, so YMMV.

1 Like

Hello I just migrated from Iris (lowe’s) to SmartThings. I bought the hub and connected my existing Kwiset lock. I’m then using the new SmartThings Application (not the classic) using my iphone 7+. I bought it because It said that I could create multiple lock codes through their Smart Lock Guest Code and the problem is that I can not see this option at all.
So, in theory the Smart Lock Guest code was going to be available since November 2017 and it’s February 2019 and NOTHING.
I have called support (I waited one hour on the phone) and sent email with a case number and 4 days later…no answer. WORSE support ever.
Maybe one of you knows more …can you give me some light?
Thanks

1 Like

Hi! IRIS refugee myself. Just finished my move to ST this week. I don’t know if this is what you are looking for but I noticed in the new app under Automations, if you click + to create a new automation, the very last pre-made one is called “Smart Lock Guest Access”. Hopefully that is what you are looking for. If not, there are infinite possibilities with this system if you can code or know where to find it. Wish I would have made the move to ST long ago…

Hello,
Thank you for your answer. Indeed I feel like a refugee!
That’s is the problem I’m having…When I click to Automation, +, in the recommended ones I don;t have that option. I just have Smart Home Monitor, Enhanced Auto Lock Door, Smart Lights, Color coordinator, Keep me Cozy, Thermostat Mode Director and Door Knocker.
May I ask what type of lock are you using? What kind of phone (samsung, iphone)?
Thank you for your help.

I just spoke to Samsung support (It just took 5 minutes this time to speak to somebody, yeahhh!)
basically I need to download the Classic Application on my phone in order to use the Smart lock Guest Management. But since I have a new Hub, I cannot enter it manually on the app in my phone. I have to be physically next to the Hub and I’m not. Therefore, I do not know if it works or not. I’ll keep you posted.

Let’s back up a minute. Which hub do you have, which app are you currently using and which smart lock do you have paired to the hub?

I didn’t realize those were specific to installed devices - thought they were samples… I’m still figuring this new system too.

How did you go with this?

I have just found out form Samsung Australia that the Yale Assure YRD226 is NOT compatible with smart things. In the US it is, in Australia it isn’t.

Not entirely true. Depends on the module used in your lock.

• If your lock uses a zigbee module it’ll work just fine anywhere in the world (it runs on the same frequency as WiFi, 2.4Ghz which also causes a slight issue with possible interference).
  • If it uses a Z-Wave module, then just ensure that the module installed in your lock matches your hub. If you have a US hub then the Z-Wave module should be a US module, if you’re using a Australian hub, then your Z-Wave module in the lock should match the Australian Z-wave frequency. As long as the frequencies match it will work.

This Enhanced Z-Wave Lock DTH is used the world over with Yale locks and the SmartThings hub just as long as the frequency of the hub and lock zwave module match.

Once the lock is paired with the hub successfully you can do everything else remotely, installing apps, configuring them, programming locks etc, just as long as your have the right tools. The Classic app works with the new hub just fine FYR. After you’ve activated the hub with the new app, download the Classic app and login with the same Samsung credentials and viola you have access to a ton of advanced features which are missing in the new app.

Thanks so much for the information.

I actually have a Zigbee module in the lock, and in the new app I can only lock the door and unlock the door and see the status. That’s all I can do.

I downloaded the old app and it has the same functionality. I am not sure what I am missing? I think I read somewhere that the old app needs to somehow be near the hub, I have not been to the house since I downloaded the old app.

BTW: The apps take you to USA Samsung site when you view compatible products, if you go down to the bottom of the page and select AU, only 2 Yale products are compatible in Australia.

Could it be only the Z-Wave functionality is comprehensive with Yale?

The issue is with the regionality of features in the app and completely independent of the device itself or the hub. The lock code manager that you are looking for in the app, Smart Lock Guest Access, is only available in the US.

If you are looking for a way to manage lock codes through SmartThings, it is possible but you will need to use a third-party solution, such as what RBoy posted.

The lock code manager that you are looking for in the app, Smart Lock Guest Access, is only available in the US.

Why is this Brad? Is it developed by Samsung? Will it ever be supported in Aus?

I would definitely want the app RBoy mentions, but I have a Zigbee controller on my lock.

It is an official Samsung integration but I am unsure why it is US only or if it will be added to the AU region.

RBoy referenced a device handler. If you are looking to manage lock codes, you do not need a device handler. You just need a SmartApp, such as RBoy’s Lock User Management.

I am having the same issue with the a Yale lock with Z-Wave module. It says it is support on the AU website however only get the lock/unlock and battery level status in the app. It would be great to be able to get the full functionality, including guest management in the app in Australia.

Any idea if/when it will be made available in Australia?

2 Likes