Smart Home Monitor - Feature Requests

I’ll probably publish a device type/SmartApp later this week, time (and SO) permitting. It’s still a bit rough around the edges and has a bunch of debug and testing code in it that I want to clean up.

2 Likes

Right now lots of us need a device like that,

here is version 1 of my alarm panel using smart titles and customization… basically everything is green at night when all settles down… red to show something… temps go a little different colors based on values

2 Likes

Just curious how that is working out…what device type etc…and where did you buy that…it looks perfect for what my needs will be…

Thanks

I second this. Haven’t seen this device yet, @mitchp. How do you have it working with ST?

I’m writing a device handler and a smart app to manage codes and SHM event subscription. It’s working out pretty well, better once I figured out what they were doing to get the keypad to show the right system state (using undocumented/non-spec commands). I need to polish the code a bit and time is tight, so hopefully this week.

I purchased it from an eBay seller. It’s sold as part of the Xfinity security system. Centralite 3400-X if you’re trying to find them.

I’m kind of surprised that ST didn’t have this as one of their new “Things.” It’s a very nice looking keypad, fits the ST aesthetic and would have been a good companion to SHM.

1 Like

Oh so you think you can have the actual keypad reflect the current alarm state? That would be awesome and I would definitely buy one.
Since there is no delay in SHM yet, I can mount it at the front door under an overhang then move it inside once there is a delay.

Please keep us posted :smile:

That devices is pretty awesome. It’s great that you are trying to get it integrated!

Make vibration/accelerometers part of the Security Section in the SHM. I want to know if someone break my window/sliding door glass to get in the house as much as if someone opens a door/window.

Of course I can add it to the custom section, but like everybody else argue, there is no good notification system to keep track of what is going on. In addition, the vibration monitoring should be continuous, not every X amount of minutes like the custom section requires.

This is fantastic. I am very much looking forward to your release.

Okay @mitchp, I am putting my faith in you, your ability to get this working. For $20 , I figure it’s worth the risk. If not, I’ll just have to find somebody with Comcast that wants another entry panel

I just found one on ebay for $25 and could not help myself :smile: It appears as though @mitchp has it pretty much working with the exception of viewing the status of the system on the keypad.
I would love to be able to use this to arm and disarm SHM and not have to depend on presence, if not I will just re-sell on ebay :smile: This would also be very family friendly.

Thanks for all your contributions @mitchp…I am still using the Quirky device type you wrote, saved me alot of money!

1 Like

Probably the same guy on Fleabay " storage unit find" $20 without the wall bracket, $25 with. I’ve got 3M tape and Velcro

Yeah, same guy. I had the $20 one at first but just decided to pay the extra 5 for the bracket that I will never use…lol

1 Like

Okay this is amazing. Looking forward to updates.

I couldn’t wait! I’ve now purchased the z-wave 3400 keypad off eBay. I can’t wait for the integration code to be released!!! Thank you so much @mitchp for your hard work. Next I just need the delay feature to be add to SHM, then I’m all set. @Ben - any word on when a delay feature will be introduced?

2 Likes

My keypad is due today :smile: It’s no rush @mitchp but if you need anything tested just let me know. As with anything new I setup I will have to show my family what to do so it will be tested for a while before all of us start using it. This keeps the WAF in my house. I don’t spring stuff on her and expect her to change what she normally does without phasing it in.

1 Like

I needed to rework a bit of the event code. I didn’t have a lot of time this weekend due to Real Life getting in the way, but I should have it up “in a matter of days” :wink:

2 Likes

Sounds good @mitchp , real life sucks sometimes…lol
Does the keypad pair directly or does it need a custom device type? I was going to try to pair it tonight to play with it.

“in a matter of days” will be just fine :wink:

Thanks for your contribution.

It will pair as a Thing but requires a custom device type to really do anything other than beep at you.

1 Like