Sengled ZigBee Sensors all stopped working

I have 4 sengled sensors on sliding doors. Installed about 3 months ago, all worked up until about 2 weeks ago. All become unavailable and offline on the same day. Restarting smarthings wifi doesn’t help, even tried deleting one of the sensors and adding back.

Sensors are in a row starting with first one about 8 feet from the smartthings router.

Also forced a repair on Zwave just because ( grasping at straws here).

I can see there is a ZigBee Contact driver installed in the hub- not sure if playing with other options is possible for drivers.

And yes I tried replacing batteries in sensors, that isn’t problem either.

Anyone have advice?

I should add that otherwise things seem normal - zwave devices still working, mesh wifi for the three pucks all fine.

check out the following thread: https://community.smartthings.com/t/many-zigbee-devices-randomly-go-offline-network-very-unstable/264519/94

I recommend you open a ticket with ST support, send them logs from your hub and give ST access to your hub. Details on how to do this are here: https://community.smartthings.com/t/aeotec-hub-will-not-stay-connected-to-zigbee-devices/265272/10

tagging @nayelyz

2 Likes

If you are using a stock Edge driver for them… you can try switching to a community developed Edge driver: https://community.smartthings.com/t/edge-driver-mc-zigbee-drivers-for-motion-open-close-moisture-smoke-co-sensors-and-others-devices/231689/45

will switching resolve the issue… doubtful but give it a try.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestions. I’ll try the edge driver. But I have to be honest, what even is this edge stuff? My wifi router 3 puck system ( I’m guessing is version 2), it sounds like Edge is something new?

Here is what I have installed

Hi @roy_ritchie I’m Alejandro from the developer support team, please can you enable the support access to investigated?

Enable support access to your account:

1. Go to the SmartThings Web (my.smartthings.com)
  2. Log in to your Samsung Account
  3. Select Menu (⋮) and choose Settings
  4. Toggle on Account Data Access
  5. Select the time period and confirm - In this step, please select “Until turned off”, once the team finishes, we’ll let you know so you can disable it again.
1 Like

Im facing a very similar issue. Starting today (7/6) all my Sonoff Zigbee switches and Smartthings leak sensors went offline. I also noticed my Smartthings Wifi hubs firmware was recently updated to 047.00010. Wondering if the issue is related to the firmware update.

However not all zigbee devices are offline, one ikea bulb, one Smartthings power monitoring plug and several buttons are online. Also my only 2 Zwave devices are also working fine.

Any hints?

Thanks!

Ok I have enabled.
The Sengled sensors that are offline are in the property called “Seapines”.

I’m sure this is unrelated, but yesterday after reporting the problem with the ZigBee devices , I then noticed that one of my door smart locks was unavailable. The next day, that door lock came back on line and now it seems another door with the same lock “apartment” is now offline.

Replaced batteries in door locks and they seem fine.

Waiting to see what if anything I can do to get the Sengled Door and Window sensors back online. Are you able to access my system?

Hi unfortunately we can no access to your account, are you using a different email address here in Community and SmartThings?

another questions, Are you using a WiFI Hub? recently some user are reported the same issue after the firmware update

Yes I am using the smartthings wifi, and yes I believe the problem started possibly after a firmware update. I don’t recall updating so I assume it did this on its own. But I do know that all 4 sensors were working one day and I noticed they all stopped working at about the same time - so firmware problem would make sense.

I login in with my Samsung credentials. How can I send this to you?

Hi, @roy_ritchie you can send me a private message with the email address, I tried with the email address that you have registered here but we don’t have support access or you can send an email to build@smartthings.com