Schlage connect lock

So here is what happens. Schlage connect smart lock keeps showing offline, yet when i look at the ST HUB it shows connected. All the others things show connected as well. We put the door lock in exactly to avoid going back to see if it was locked or not. My house is so full of Samsung and this is really the first real issues we have had.

How long ago did you install the lock?

How far from your hub is the lock?

Are there any other ZWave devices between your lock and your hub?

1 Like

nathancu

[Nathan Curtis](https://community.smartthings.com/u/nathancu)

February 17

How long ago did you install the lock?

How far from your hub is the lock?

Are there any other ZWave devices between your lock and your hub?

Installed lock around 10 Jan. Had to call Schlage after 2 days to get it to connrct properly and then seemed to work ok. It has a smart outlet about 6 feet from ir and then the hub is about 12 ft from the outlet have run z repair a few times . When it shows offline i look at the hub and the hub says it is connected with the lock. Maybe an app issue??

It actually sounds like a signal strength issue… What kind of outlet is the one in between the lock and hub?

Samsung smart things. Wifi, zwave. It is run by motion sensor.
Do you think even though the hub shows it connected that it really isnt?

This plug?

(model numbers matter)

1 Like

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-smartthings-wi-fi-smart-plug-white/6342037.p?skuId=6342037

6342037_sd.jpg

That’s not a zwave plug, it’s WiFi. So there is no zwave repeater between the hub and the lock. You are going to need a zwave router, like a zwave smart plug, in place or in addition to that WiFi plug (which does nothing for either your zigbee or zwave mesh) in between the hub and lock.

1 Like

Model:GP-WOU019BBAWU. Supposed to be the one that matches according to best buy and samsung, wifi and zwave

THX SO MUCH!!! I will be checking out ikea plug for sure, thx to the clowns at bestbuy. Thx again for the help

@Denis_White Ikea will be zigbee, not zwave. For zwave, I personally have ge jasco plugs.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-Z-Wave-Plus-Plug-In-Smart-Switch-Module-Dual-Controlled-Plug-14282/300808639?mtc=Shopping-B-F_Brand-G-Multi-NA-Multi-NA-Feed-PLA-NA-NA-Catchall_PLA&cm_mmc=Shopping-B-F_Brand-G-Multi-NA-Multi-NA-Feed-PLA-NA-NA-Catchall_PLA-71700000014585962-58700001236285396-92700010802552412&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=CjwKCAiA1rPyBRAREiwA1UIy8EnTpEN2Nv5wwrS3IZKiW_HcECEeqcKH28hVCqoWHx63eic62xRtShoC6F0QAvD_BwE

Well guys alot of info here, questions too.
Current plug has a routine for motion on stairs to turn on stairs led strip. Works great. My hub is version 3 not wifi, so what protocol is the plug using with hub?? Also lock shows connected in the hub, is that just like the install showing it connected and not actual live time?

It can show connected and have poor connectivity. That’s the #1 complaint about ZWave locks. If it starts missing messages then weird stuff happens. There’s thread after thread telli g this story on this board, just search “ZWave lock beaming” and you’ll find them

That lock is ZWave. While your hub supports many protocols the lock will only communicate using the ZWave protocol. These locks require special connections also to support the enhanced security requirements of a ZWave lock. What this generally translates to in the real world is :

1. make sure you keep good batteries in the lock. Don’t trust the battery reporting. When it starts acting funky, replace batteries first.
  2. secure ZWave requires a strong signal. Use worst case when determining range.
  3. ZWave locks utilize ZWave Beaming tech to ensure message flow between the hub and lock is solid. Great when you have beaming ZWave repeaters, but if you don’t. Not so much. To offload messages from your hub make sure there is a beaming capable, mains powered ZWave repeating device as close as humanly possible to the lock. I use a GE Jasco ZWave plus switch on my front porch light switch which happens to sit right next to the door to fill this purpose for me.
1 Like

See this topic for explanation on repeaters, how they work and how to identify them

You beat me to it! :slight_smile:

1 Like