Schlage Camelot Touch Screen still won't connect

G’day ST group,
I have three Camelot Touch Screen door locks, all bought at different times. 2 of them connected and have been working great for over a year. One of them that was bough back in December, will connect but then shows this information in the IDE

• fw: 128.22
  • manufacturer: Schlage
  • networkSecurityLevel: ZWAVE_S0_FAILED
  • ver: 8.0

The lock shows up but can not be controlled nor does it send/receive data to/from ST after that.
I have contacted @RBoy (I bought their apps) and they suggested removing their DTH, delete the lock and start over. I did that to no avail.
I have been emailing ST support for MONTHS now. They get back to me about every three weeks with another stupid question, seemingly stall tactic one sentence questions like “is the lock still under warranty?”. “Did you reboot the HUB?”
In my very first email to them, I listed everything I had tried. I don’t like to ask for help until I’m out of ideas so I have Googled and Googled and Googled. Now I am out of ideas :frowning:

I am hoping the community might have some other ideas I have not thought of.

Cheers
J

This means that the lock didn’t complete it’s pairing with the hub successfully. Typically it’s due to interference or a mesh issue.

This is quite common. Here are a few helps steps to get the lock to pair (in this order)

1. Exclude the lock
  2. Reset the lock (see manual, connect battery while pressing the Schlage button)
  3. Reboot/power cycle the hub (don’t forget this)
  4. Bring the lock within 5ft of the hub (very important)
  5. Try to pair the lock

This usually works for most folks

Once you’ve paired the lock, I would recommend adding a repeater close to your lock and doing a Z-Wave repair. See this topic for details:

3 Likes

Thanks for getting back to me,
I did exactly as you typed and now the lock will not even recognize it’s default unlock codes via the pin pad on the lock. When trying to connect, it still beeps with the red X and now shows up as a Z-Wave Device, and not even a lock of any type.
I contacted Build.com and their customer service was just as bad as Smartthings. Since it has taken so long for Smartthings to get back to me each time with yet another stupid question that was already answered in a previous email, the lock is outside the Build.com 90 warranty.
I now have to do battle with Schlage to try to get the lock replaced.
Wish me luck

Cheers
J

1 Like

@RBoy
Just to get back to you. Thanks again for all your help and advice on this forum and also via email. I’m thankful that I bought your apps just for the great customer service.

My new lock arrived yesterday and I have just installed it and paired it to ST hub. All is working as it should. I guess I had a DOA lock from Schlage.
Just for fun, after fitting and pairing the new lock, I tried factory resetting the DOA lock again and it still gets the red X and shows up as a universal z-wave device in my IDE.

Cheers
Justin

2 Likes