Scene issue

All of a sudden many of my Scenes are showing an exclamation point when they run. Haven’t made any changes. What’s up with that? I rely on my scenes as quick access through the widget. Some of the scenes actually seem to run, even with the ! Thanks. .

Screenshot?

I have also seen it I’m on iOS some have it some do not.

Not much more to show than this. Each scene controls a virtual switch. One runs, the other does not.

Mine worked fine for months until yesterday.

Mine started a while ago, I don’t manually use scenes very often, so I just shrugged it off as the scene did activate.

I’m using Android and I’ve seen this exclamation points for a long time. I think it is because at least one device is not responding. I have my Samsung tv part of the scene that turns all devices off. If tv is already off then ST thinks it is not responding and gives an “error”. That scene gives me error message every time.

Is the virtual switch using Edge or non-Edge drivers?

I think both scenes run virtual switches that use identical non Edge drivers.

It’s happening to at least 5 of my 6 scenes. One of the scenes controls a few lights. I’ve confirmed I can manually turn each on and off.

1 Like

For the scene that is not working, try creating a new virtual switch using CLI or one of the custom Edge drivers and test. :slight_smile:

It’s also doing it with non virtual devices (actual switches - non edge drivers). Does this mean all of my non edge devices are now obsolete to continue to work with this system?

Lol, I just recreated the Scene without any change to the devices or drivers, and the new one works.

Seems my existing scenes might be corrupt in some way.

However I’ve recreated a couple of others which have multiple devices and they are controlling just fine but producing the red !

Typical Smartthings crap.

1 Like

Folks, it’s just getting worse with this system and app.

Support just told me, after four days of review, that my issue was related to the app not making a connection, preventing the Scenes from running.

I call bullshit because the issue presents whether the app is open for 1 second, 30 seconds, or multiple minutes.

If it takes that long to make a connection, which, hell, it just might considering how speedy the iOS app is for control of everything else… the problems just keep getting worse.

So fed up with Smartthings and the iOS app.

I have the same issues on Android app. Half the time is shows hub and devices are offline but I’m looking at a steady green light on the hub. I have learned that when the app isn’t working commands aren’t getting processed and devices are activating. The app just doesn’t work. I have opened tickets and gotten no where with support.

Mine just started today. I have some scenes working fine with the green check mark and 2 of the scene with the red exclamation mark. The scenes run but sometimes they dont

I just put a few scenarios to test. I created a scene with a bulb that is NOT using an edge driver and I got a green check mark. Then I created the same scene, with the same exact type of bulb that is using an edge driver and I got the red exclamation mark. This makes things very interesting… @nayelyz can you look into this and let us know if the edge driver tech is what is creating this issue? TIA

Are you using a stock driver for the device? If so, I think it’s best you report it to Customer Support, this is because this is something present in the app and I don’t know what could cause that error, sorry.
They should have more info about that.

Open here to see the contact info

Through the SmartThings Web page

1. Enter this page
  2. Click on “Support” in the upper-right corner
  3. Check if the URL includes your region. For example, en-us here: https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us
  4. At the bottom, select “email” and describe your issue as detailed as possible.
  5. Click on “submit”

From the ST app

1. Open the SmartThings app
  2. Go to the menu tab at the bottom-right corner.
  3. On this page, select the option “contact us” and then go to “Report a problem”
  4. Accept the generation of logs, fill up the form describing your issue as detailed as possible, and screen captures of the issue always help.
  5. Click on “submit”. The Customer team will receive this info.

Via email

US: 1-866-813-2404
US: support@smartthings.com
UK support 0333 0000333
UK: support@smartthings.co.uk
CA: support@smartthings.ca