Samsung Connect Home/SmartThings WiFi Hub Firmware Hotfix Notes - 0.47.12

We will begin rolling out Samsung SmartThings Hub firmware version 0.47.12 to Samsung Connect Home and SmartThings WiFi devices starting on Friday, July 14th. This firmware update is for the SmartThings Hub portion of these devices and does not affect the router functionality. Once downloaded, the SmartThings portion of your hub will briefly go offline as the update is applied during this time the router portion of the device will continue to function. We will update the status page when the release is complete.

Hub Target:

• All Samsung Connect Home Models
  • Samsung SmartThings WiFi

Release Date: 14 July 2023 ~ 21 July 2023

Note that this release may be spread out over the release timeframe, so you may not see your Hub update the first day of the release period. We are making an active effort to release to hubs that have been identified as impacted during the first day of the release period.

Release Notes

General

• Fixed an issue where certain Samsung Connect Home/WiFi Hubs would have their Zigbee devices become unresponsive after the 0.47.10 release. This release will roll back Zigbee networks to their previous state if no Zigbee devices were re-added after the release of 0.47.10.

Support was having people delete and re-add dropped zigbee devices. So what will happen in this case?

4 Likes

Matter support left behind? When we will be able to use Matter devices?

2 Likes

Is there a way to stop this hotfix from being applied ? I would rather stop it for a while to see how it worked out for others. I can not, and will not go through another one of Smartthings blunders…

1 Like

Yup…unplug your hub :joy:

Not doable, as I need it in the event of a water leak

2 Likes

I wish you all cared about us, the end user. Every time you fix (lol) something you break more and we pay the price in having to redo what was working. Please allow the end user to manually apply a fix and not be forced to have you apply at will. I have been a very loyal participant since 2012 but it is getting harder to support this product.

1 Like

We should clarify this in the release notes, but I will say it here.

The rollback to the previous Zigbee network would only occur if no devices were re-joined to the new network. So if you had gone back and re-added devices, your network would NOT be rolled back.

3 Likes

So if I just re-joined a couple to see if they were kept online I’ll need to manually reset/rejoin the rest of the devices? Can the update be forced to be applied to my hub regardless? I haven’t added any new device so I don’t mind (and honestly I prefer) going to the previous ZigBee network.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. I have devices that are hard to reach (under dishwashers). @nayelyz, can you look into this? Are we stuck (again)?

When will the WiFi hubs would be able to use LAN base drivers for local control of devices such as Hue, Lifx, Kasa, Harmony, etc?

1 Like

@SableBlack DM me your Hub ID and I can check for you to see if it has rolled back.

1 Like

Hi, @Wajo357, do you mean you also repaired some of your Zigbee devices?

1 Like

Wifi hubs can use LAN based drivers now. In addition to virtual devices that are implemented via LAN Edge drivers, there are LAN Edge drivers for Sonos speakers, Bose speakers, and Wemo devices among others.

yes. I had about 80 zigbee devices. All but 2 were repaired.

OK, I already shared your info with @Kianoosh_Karami as well. Thank you for reaching out.

@Kianoosh_Karami where can I get the hub ID?

So what, I followed the instruction to “try” something then heard about a possible fix. Now I’m stuck with 15 devices and routines to fix because Smartthings development and this group dont communicate with the front line help desk people???

What a Mess!

The rollback should have happened in the first day. BASIC IT you have a rollback plan you can execute quickly.

You all do realize all these failures put our homes security at risk!

When will the VP of development be issuing the apologie for this mess???

This is intern level Quality Assurance.

1 Like

You can use the ST Advanced Web App or the community developed ST API Browser+.

2 Likes

So if we followed the suggestion from Smartthings support to try re-pairing just a few zigbee devices, we’re now stuck having manually pair ALL our zigbee devices?!? That’s NOT a satisfactory solution!

How about an option to automatically restore all devices that haven’t been manually paired? Maybe if we send you our hub ID? That would mean I’d only have to pair a few devices instead of over 50!