Samsung Connect Home/SmartThings WiFi Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.35.5

We will be rolling out Samsung SmartThings Hub firmware version 0.35.5 to Samsung Connect Home and SmartThings WiFi devices on Friday, April 2nd. This firmware update is for the SmartThings Hub portion of these devices and does not affect the router functionality. Once downloaded, the SmartThings portion of your hub will briefly go offline as the update is applied; during this time the router portion of the device will continue to function. We will update the status page when the release is complete.

Hub Target:

• All Samsung Connect Home Models
  • Samsung SmartThings WiFi

Release Date: 2 April 2021

Release Notes:

Features

• Added support for local handling of temperature, thermostat mode, thermostat fan mode, and thermostat operating state reports on the Z-Wave Battery Thermostat DTH.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where a Z-Wave device is not automatically removed after the device has been factory reset.
  • Added a change for an issue with Schlage BE469ZP Z-Wave Lock where user code triggered locks/unlocks were not logged in the lock’s history.
  • Fixed an issue causing some Z-Wave networks to not update correctly after performing a network repair or adding/removing a device.
  • Reliability improvements to hub connected device health reporting.
  • Minor bug fixes and improvements.
7 Likes

I suppose this shows these are indeed still being supported. Great to see

3 Likes

Looks like some much welcome fixes. :sunglasses:

@RBoy

4 Likes

Still there is no local automation solution…

3 Likes

This firmware lays the groundwork at least. Just needs to be enabled after beta testing finishes.

3 Likes

Personally happy see this :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I’m not sure you’ll ever be able to get much of a local automation solution with these two models because if you don’t have Internet, you don’t even have Wi-Fi with this. That’s not how most Wi-Fi mesh routers work these days, but with this one, once the Internet goes out, the Wi-Fi is also out. That’s very limiting.

1 Like

would have been nice if we had gotten some advance notice on this MAJOR DISRUPTION. While trying to delete a couple of unneeded test automations, got a network error and it looks like ALL the automations are gone. I bloody left Wink to avoid this type of thing.

If you’re subscribed to https://status.smartthings.com/ you should have gotten notice a couple days ago. With that said, I don’t think this would have impacted maintaining automations in the app.

I agree with a few others that making changes to your ST environment during the upgrades could result in messed-up settings/configurations/devices/rules. This is the second time an upgrade appears to have messed up my work on automation. Today I have added two switches (GE and Centralite) and they both work but show offline in the app. IDE says they are okay and WebCore can read/control them. Hopefully, the Hub catches up. Also, my hub shows the old version still (35.4) in the IDE. It has been a struggle over the past few months to understand when I have bad code (WebCore), an incompatible device (adding lots of new ZW and ZB devices), or SmartThings is having issues. Sigh.

-S1930

My SCH hub upgrade went fine this morning. I added a new Hue bulb to my Hue hub this afternoon. ST sees it - everything is fine in IDE, but shows offline in ST app. Very similar.

1 Like

I just added a simulated contact sensor in the IDE and the App shows it offline. :unamused:

1 Like

I have the same issue. In app everything shows offline, in IDE everything is Active.

Same issues here, IDE everything is active, App shows everything offline. Reset everything and now can’t even get my V2 hub showing in the app. Firmware in IDE shows 000.035.00004. So ready to switch to something else. https://status.smartthings.com/ also shows everything is functional

1 Like

Created an account just to ensure feedback is passed on. Was having issues with three new Multipurpose sensors adding to hub v3, but then immediately showing as offline. Tried resets numerous times. In the end, suspected my v3 might be done for, so I removed it and decided to start using my Smartthings Wifi hub for zigbee things. Only now, nothing gets added at all. When trying to add a new device, the app tells me I need to connect a compatible hub. Rebooted many times and realized that the smartthings hub on the Smartthings wifi only stays online for about a minute after boot… any news on a fix for this?

Same issue. Also added a simulated contact sensor in the IDE and the App shows it offline, though I am not using the Wifi Hub :frowning:

My hub v2 did finally show up in the app. Same thing as theoddroo - after hub reboot everything is fine for about a min then everything goes offline. I’ve wasted my day on this. :frowning:

In android app all devices show offline but in IDE is all online.
If I go in Ide – my hubs – view utilities - Disable zwave module and then enable zwave module, all devices show online in app but if I close the app and open again, all device show offline again.
I try on Samsung S21, S9 and Huawei Mate 10 Pro, all the same issues.
We are waiting for a miracle this time as well…

This is still occurring. Smartthings Support got back to me and said “try to reinstall the app” then closed my ticket. :roll_eyes: Is it going to fix it the fifth time I do that?

1 Like

With the update all of my once connected zigbee connected switches show offline.
I uninstalled them and can get them reinstalled and I can turn the switches on and off with the app, however i cant rename then and can not assign any automations.

I guess I will try the app reinstall and see if that fixes things.
Help.