We have made changes to more accurately mark child devices offline when appropriate. This change, along with the below planned changes in the 34.09 update, will begin being released to users in a 34.11 update starting today. We have updated the status page to reflect this and will update again when the release is complete.
The 0.34.09 firmware update has been temporarily paused while we investigate customer feedback. We will provide an update when the release is resumed and provide additional details on any changes in the release window.
We will begin rolling out Samsung SmartThings Hub firmware version 0.34.09 starting tomorrow. Once downloaded, your Hub will briefly go offline as it reboots and applies the update; most customers will experience less than one minute of downtime. We will update the status page when the release is complete.
- Samsung SmartThings Hub 2015 (Hub v2)
- Samsung SmartThings Hub 2018 (Hub v3)
Release Date: 15 December 2020 ~ 18 December 2020
Note that this release may be spread out over a few days, so you may not see your Hub update the first day of the release period.
- Added support for local handling of temperature, thermostat mode, thermostat fan mode, and thermostat operating state reports on the Z-Wave Battery Thermostat DTH.
- Firmware updates for the SmartThings Smart Bulb:
- Changes to more quickly rejoin the network if the network parameters change.
- Updates that position the 2015 model Hub to support upcoming features and updates (stay tuned for more updates on when this functionality goes live):
- Added Zigbee 3 Support for Samsung SmartThings Hub 2015 (Hub v2).
- Increased the number of Zigbee end devices that can directly connect to the Samsung SmartThings Hub 2015 (Hub v2) to 64 to match the Hub v3.
- Fixed an issue where a Z-Wave device is not automatically removed after the device has been factory reset.
- Added a change for an issue with Schlage BE469ZP Z-Wave Lock where user code triggered locks/unlocks were not logged in the lock’s history.
- Reliability improvements to hub connected device health reporting.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.