SmartThings Community

Samsung Air Conditioner shown as offline, WiFi connection unstable, restart needed

Hi there,
Wi-Fi Issues.

I have 3 Samsung Air Conditioning units type ARNXWS* for home use: 2 x 12000 BTU, 1 x 9000 BTU.

I have bought the first 12000 BTU unit 2 years ago, and after a lot of issues and a lot of updates of the Smart Things iOS control app, I got into a stable phase for remote controlling my appliances.

Now 2 weeks ago I have bought to more units, same model range, both with wifi.

My boy, this “newer units” I need to unplug from power and restart everyday.
After 1 day they both show as offline in my SmartThings app.

One of them is placed in the same room as my UniFi UAP-AC-PRO. WTF, and out of the blue it loses connection and appears as offline in my list (fortunately I am home and I can see the unit continues operating).

Do you encounter such stability issues? Is this a firmware issue (I do not experience this connectivity drops with the older unit bought 2 years ago)?

Is there anyway I can upgrade the firmware or report this issue?

Thank you,

Raz

ST App:

Older Model, firmware pretty much stable:

JPG Hi, I’m new to this forum, since I have installed a new aircond 2 weeks ago. I’m experiencing loss of wifi connectivity. First I thought it was because the wifi is switched off during the night, but yesterday a unit went offline during the day.
This is the version wich is installed:

To restore the connection I have to press and hold the “Timer” button on the remote controller and wait until the “AP” funciton timeout.

Any suggestion will be very appreciated.
Thanks
Paolo

Thanks Paolo for the ideea, I will try getting them into AP mode (however I am afraid to trigger the setup mode, where I need to configure the appliance again)

Newer Model, the ones (9000 BTU & 12000BTU) with connectivity issues:

@paolodic I remember that 1 year ago, I have made a setting to my WiFi router, to allow the Samsung Air Conditioner to only connect to the 2,4GHz wifi (and not both 2,4 GHz & 5 GHz).
But now with 3 units in total, it is hard for me to identify them on my WiFi devices list.

Same problem here: two devices which sporadic go offline. Thank you Paolo for your workaround which replaces permanent re-registering of the devices.

Exactly the same thing for me too, could it be a WiFi 5/2,4 GHz issue? Anyone have this issue with 5 or 2,4 WiFi only?

Same problem here. I have only 2,4 GHz wifi. At first getting to AP mode helped but now it doesn’t anymore.