[RELEASE] Fibaro RGBW Controller (FGRGBWM-441) - Advanced DTH

Yes, I have just installed my Fibaro RGBW and it crashes using the David Lomas (codersaur) DTH.

I have an RGB LED strip rather than an RGBW

Hello !
Great App - I use it itĀ“s work fine only no slider ?

i cannot save the setting page. i saw more people had this issue, still i have no solution. filling in everything like iā€™m asked to.

I tried 2 phones and a tabletā€¦ tried editing setting for setting and saving, still no luck. Could anyone help me out? cannot get the fibaro RGBW to work without being able to save the settings.

In the IDE, select My Devices, click on the RGBW device you have created, scroll down to Preferences, click edit and enter the values I listed in my earlier post. Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @EliteAV. i tried like every device i could get my hands on haha :rofl: this is much easier

Sorry if this info is in here but I canā€™t find it. Is this set up for GitHub integration?

And, can I assume that the Fibaro FGRGBW-101 is the same as the FGRGBWM-441? - EDIT: Found my answer on this one. It is.

I have this set-up and configured, Everything seems to be good except if I select the color wheel from the main tile the ST app crashes. This is on iOS (both iPad and iPhone), Is this a known issue with the handler?

TIA

EDIT: I did not read throughly enough. Someone else has pointed this out above already. I will see if I can figure out the issue.

I have made a version that moves the color wheel off the multi-tile and gets to a working color selector.

I made some other minor changes while I was at it. If anyone uses this on Android you might get some display issues due to inconsistencies between iOS and Android. Also, it seems rendering of the color wheel on an iPad is a mess.

Next issue is itā€™s too large to post here. I have not published on GitHub before so once I figure that out Iā€™ll update this post.

Updated version to move the color selector off the main tile to avoid the current ST bug is below. Credit to @zcapr17 for the original work. I have just made some changes to avoid the app crashing.

The issue with the selector on an iPad is a known issue at ST - no timeframe on a fix for now.

If anyone has issues on Android please let me know.

https://github.com/Nezmo68/SmartThingsNezmo/blob/master/devicetypes/nezmo68/fibaro-rgbw-controller-nezmo.src/fibaro-rgbw-controller-nezmo.groovy

Like a few others I am having problems. I can get the driver installed (both original and Nizmoā€™s). However, I canā€™t get my RGB lights turned on.

When I click the ON button, the button briefly turns blue, and then off again. Exact same behaviors as two others. I reset everything but nothing works. As soon as I switch back to the regular RGBW driver, everything works again.

As mentioned this is controlling a RGB strip. No inputs are used. Please help!

Line 895 in the original code (899 in Nizmoā€™s code) both crash in the initial ā€œinstalledā€ event. The date format has a \n in there??? It therefore never finishes that code for the event.

state.lastReset = new Date().format("YYYY/MM/dd \n HH:mm:ss", location.timeZone)

After removing the \n it works - though still some problems with tiles not switching off. I assume the issue only shows if you have RGB instead of RGBW strips???

First of all thank you guys so much to get this working.

I was wondering what are the chances that this would work on the new smartthings app. As i have a smart watch and i am trying to connect to it. I have begun to move all my electronics to Z-wave, sucks there isnā€™t a proper RGB controller like the one fibaro has made. Sucks they only made it to work for their automation. But, its a good start.

But you guys are all really great to get this working as much as you do

Sadly Iā€™m unable to get this to work either. Android. Iā€™ve tried the original and Nezmoā€™s edit. Strip will not turn on.

Has anyone got the Smart Lighting colour control working with the Fibaro RGBW module on this DH?
Iā€™ve tried both the built ing DH and Codersaurā€™s but no luck. With the build in DH it does nothing when you try to set the colour and brightness by Smart Lighting, with Codersaurā€™s the strip oes seem to flash the colour requested for a few miliseconds but they goes full on white?
Any help appreciated.

Finally got this working after reading that because Iā€™m using Android I need to remove all the defaults in the code.

Is there any way to add more default colour buttons ? The standard DTH has Daylight (All channels @100%) and white (RGB off, White @100%), they would be great to have.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

I had to make some fixes to the code to get this DH to produce the correct colour. For example, when I would ask Alexa to set the lights to blue, they would go red.

The fixes are here: Fixes to Fibaro RGBW Advanced DTH

@alamaison Thanks, Iā€™ve added your changes

Hey guys, I followed all of the instructions for installation of the device handler but when I use the classic app to turn on the lights it doesnā€™t work. With live logging going I get an error:

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getAt() on null object @line 1064 (doCall)

Appreciate any help, thanks

Scott

I had the same thing, you need to fill out all the settings fields. If using android you need to manually comment out all the defaults in the IDE.

I was reading the installation instructions on https://github.com/codersaur/SmartThings/tree/master/devices/fibaro-rgbw-controller

and it says I donā€™t have to edit the code if using RGBW strip, which I am using. If you could point me to a place to help edit the settings further that would be appreciated.

Thanks
Scott