[RELEASE] Fibaro RGBW Controller (FGRGBWM-441) - Advanced DTH

Does anyone know why the input change event just isn’t being fired when the input changes?

The status of the inputs is only updated on ST when the device is polled, or you manually refresh.

The end result is that it’s taking 5-10mins to register any level changes.

2 Likes

I have the 0.04 version but it states always on even when it is physically off. When turning off, it states turning off but after a refresh it states on again.

Any help?

@zcapr17 - Firstly, thanks for saving our butt’s with this awesome Fibaro RGBW DTH!
FYI, I’m finding an error cropping up on line 1402 when attempting to run any of the inbuilt programs:

Brandon, I just commented out lines 1402 - 1405 in the code and the custom modes started working ok. But this is a bit of a hack so I’m hoping that @zcapr17 will apply the appropriate fix at some point so I can revert to his published version.

hi I’ve been following this
i have a RGB light and need to comment out the code, which i have done. but still no joy
can anyone share some code already edited

thanks

@Frontwave, @Titch, Sorry for the delayed reply - here’s the code hack I made - commenting out lines 1402-1405 in Version: 0.04. After doing this the programmed actions for the Fibaro RGBW Controller started working fine.

def startProgram(programNumber) {
if (state.debug) log.trace "${device.displayName}: startProgram(): programNumber: ${programNumber}"

//if (state.isIN | state.isOUT) {
//    log.warn "${device.displayName}: Built-in programs work with RGBW channels only, they will not function when using IN/OUT channels!"
//}
//else
1 Like

cheers those lines are 1379 to 1388 ?image

Sorry I wasn’t clear @Frontwave, @Titch

Here’s the edited file with the temporary hack in it: https://github.com/stevehweb/StevesSmartThings/blob/master/devices/fibaro-rgbw-controller/fibaro-rgbw-controller.groovy

1 Like

put into my IDE and will test later when im home

thanks

I have problems with Turning ON. It never switches the LED strip on and keeps showing Turningon. If I use the smartthings handler it works but when I replace it with the device handler it just keeps showing turningon

At the log I can find following error after pressing on:

‎12‎:‎23‎:‎10‎ ‎PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getAt() on null object

1 Like

Is any one having problems with this in iOS? When I select the colour picker it crashes the app. Happens on 3 different iOS devices. Works fine in android. Any advice appreciated.

How do I get the lights to come on blue when they are turned on and then simply turn on and off with a physical switch?

At the moment the physical switch turns them on as white. When I change it to blue in the app all the physical switch does is turn them from white and back to blue not off, I have to use the app.

I am having trouble creating the SmartApp in the SmartThings IDE. I copy and paste the code from the groovy file, and when I click “Create”, I get the following error:
“No signature of method: script_app_metadata_b52a474b_8f62_4d6a_b8a9_e72ca82d049d.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script_app_metadata_b52a474b_8f62_4d6a_b8a9_e72ca82d049d$_run_closure1) values: [script_app_metadata_b52a474b_8f62_4d6a_b8a9_e72ca82d049d$_run_closure1@70e1d6d2] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)”

Am I doing something wrong? I know basically nothing about coding except “copy and paste”. Thanks!

Nevermind, I just needed to change the terminal the switch was connected to from white to blue.

@gebla, I have the same issue. “Turning on” shows up momentarily, then goes back to “OFF”. Using the smartthings handler it works to turn it on and off.

My wife is gonna kill me if I can’t get this thing showing Green Red and White in a slow cycle for Christmas. This Advanced DTH is my only hope!

No no, the DTH is a simple on off switch with no automation except the Fibaro inbuilt programs, green red white cycle is not an option BUT fear not, kind users create apps that can do these things
@Cobra has created some awsome help in doing what you want have a read through the whole thread and you will need to install Cobras smart apps but i am sure there is something there that will help

1 Like

Hi everyone, my first post in the community (I have just migrated from Vera to SmartThings).

Firstly, a big thank you to zcapr17 for this Fibaro RGBW Controller device handler.

I have 2 x RGBW LED strips controlled by 2 x Fibaro RGBW Controllers and as noted above, had previously been using these with Vera with no issues.

However using the SmartThings built in device handler I could not get the brightness level (on white setting at 100%) to the level I had been able to achieve using the Vera plugin, so I thought I would check out the device handler written by zcapr17.

I found out 2 things from this:

1. When first installed, this showed the brightness level for both Fibaro RGBW controllers at 39% which I initially thought was odd and then realised why. The built in ST device handler assumes a scale of 0-100 whereas the actual scale on the Fibaro device is 0-255 hence a value of 100 in the built in ST device handler equals 100/255 * 100 i.e. 39%. So the ST built in device handler needs changing to allow the correct maximum brightness level to be selected.

2. Like a number of posters I wasnt able to configure any of the parameters for this advanced device handler from the mobile app (using a Samsung S8 phone) - I assume it is an issue with enums or default values but no attempt at setting all values solved the issue.

So I just used the IDE to set these by cross referencing with the code to set the required values for my 4 channel (RGBW) LED strips:

|configAggregateLevelMode|OUT|
|configAggregateSwitchMode|OUT|
|configAssocGroup01||
|configAssocGroup02||
|configAssocGroup03||
|configAssocGroup04||
|configCh1Mapping|Red|
|configCh1Threshold|1|
|configCh2Mapping|Green|
|configCh2Threshold|1|
|configCh3Mapping|Blue|
|configCh3Threshold|1|
|configCh4Mapping|White|
|configCh4Threshold|1|
|configDebugMode||
|configLevelSetMode|SCALE|
|configParam01|255|
|configParam06|0|
|configParam08|0|
|configParam09|1|
|configParam10|10|
|configParam11|67|
|configParam12|255|
|configParam13|2|
|configParam14_1|1|
|configParam14_2|1|
|configParam14_3|1|
|configParam14_4|1|
|configParam16|1|
|configParam30|0|
|configParam38|10|
|configParam39|600|
|configParam42|0|
|configParam43|5|
|configParam44|30|
|configParam45|10|
|configParam71|1|
|configParam72|1|
|configParam73|0|

Anyway I hope this is useful.

2 Likes

Hello, my only issue with this DTH is that it does not refresh automatically in the SmarthingsApp, such that when I turn off or on the device it says “turning off” or “turning on” for a couple of minutes, even though the lights are physically on or off.

I have set the power reporting interval to 3 seconds but to no avail.

Perhaps @zcapr17 can look into this.

Hi @zcapr17

Firstly, thank you for putting in the time to create this DTH.

Secondly, I apologize for my lack of knowledge, I am trying my best to learn from these forums from scratch.

So I followed the instructions on this link , but I am not confident about “Part Three” step "4"
When I select from the drop down menu, there are 2 options with the exact same name.

So as per the advise of @Cobra here, I renamed your DTH to “Fibaro RGBW Controller 1” and now was able to finally find out the correct DTH from the list (at this point i discovered that there are 2 controllers in total with this name :slight_smile:and yours was the third towards the bottom of the list ).

Now comes the hard part, I selected the gear in order to go into the settings but all these options are very intimidating. I tried to just select the default options but I was not able to get it to work. Also no clue what to use in the end for the “Association Group #1-4

Thanks in advance for your help.

Anybody else’s app crash when you click the color wheel(iOS user)?