Problems with Halo Smoke Alarm in Smart Things app

Hi @Lisasmom71 ,

I have several Halo smoke/CO detectors working with ST, so let’s see if we can get you working too. You definitely don’t need to be a developer to do this!

Can you provide more detail about what doesn’t work?

Were the Halos already in your ST app, or are you trying to add one? At one time Halo may have been listed where you could add new devices, but now you have to select the option “Scan nearby” to add a new Halo device to ST, like @Andremain mentioned. ST will add it and it will use the DTH called “Halo” or “HaloPlus”, depending on which one you have.

If your Halo is chirping, the ST app won’t help you much because it’s likely the built in battery is having a problem. I’ve had several of mine do that over the last few years. Usually unplugging them and waiting about a minute and then plugging them back in does the trick. Somehow that forces the detector to start the charging cycle back up.

I’ve had one that just never recovered from chirping because the battery actually failed. I ended up having to find a Halo on eBay to replace it with. You can open these up and replace the battery, but it’s not a normally serviceable part, and it takes some effort.

2 Likes