Post Requests for Zwave Edge Drivers Here (community-created)

Just wanted to bump this in the event someone is looking for a new zwave driver. I couldn’t figure out where to start with development so I am throwing in the towel.

1 Like

@Brad_ST can currently sold model (i bought it like 8 months ago, and it’s the only model being sold now) of First Alert Smoke Detector fingerprint be added to Z-wave Smoke Detector driver

Current fingerprint in the driver:

zwaveManufacturer:

• id: “FirstAlert”
    deviceLabel: First Alert Smoke Alarm
    manufacturerId: 0x0138
    productType: 0x0001
    productId: 0x0002
    deviceProfileName: smoke-co-battery

Fingerprint to be added, data from IDE

Data
networkSecurityLevel: ZWAVE_S2_AUTHENTICATED
Raw Description zw:Ss2a type:0701 mfr:0138 prod:0001 model:0003 ver:11.00 zwv:6.07 lib:06 cc:5E,6C,55,9F sec:86,85,8E,59,72,5A,73,80,71,84,70
Current States
battery: 91 %
checkInterval: 7320 s
smoke: clear
carbonMonoxide: clear

I am willing to test if it’s necessary

Hello everyone!

I’m totally new in this whole Smartthings/Edge/DTH/API … world so please don’t mind if my question seems silly. I’ve chosen this topic since it seems like most active and relevant. Please feel free to move it if not appropriate :slight_smile:

First, I’m having problem understanding the differences between different DTH’s. As I understood, if I can add device without adding any DTH, it means it’s officially supported by Smartthings and it has “stock DTH”, correct? Then there are generic/universal DTH that has to be added, like zigbee switch/dimmer or for Aqara. Finally there are custom DTH aiimed for a specific device, like RBoy’s DTH for Z-TMR3?

I was just about to purchase RBoy’s custom DTH for 4 of my Z-TMR3’s but I haven’t seen any commitment from their side for re-writing the code for Edge drivers. Once Edge will be fully functional, will custom DTH simply stop working? And if author or someone else doesn’t transfer to Edge driver, it won’t be able to use anymore? I wouldn’t like to pay for something I will be able to use only for a year or so!

Thanks!

Bumping this post for any takers….please!

Yes when groovy goes away all DTHs stip working. Even the default ones provided by SmartThings. But AFAIK, SmartThings already has an edge driver replacement for most of the default DTHs already… The folks on this thread are making fast progress for other common devices.

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification! In the meantime I had tome learning to do … how to change device type in Groovy IDE and differentiate between stock (ST default) and custom (either generic or for specific device) DTH.

But I’m aware now that DTH’s are gonna get retired, and it is to be replaced with Edge drivers!

Any roadmap on when will Edge final be released? Will there be any grace period in which DTH’s will still be working?

1 Like

I would humbly want to request Edge driver for the following device:

Heatit Z-TRM3 Z-wave Thermostat

Thank you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nobody ask for Belkin wemo .
Or
Nvidia shield
Also waiting for zwave lock , be469 Schlage.

1 Like

You can use the search feature at the top of the page to search for what you’re searching for.

Hi Mariano,

It uses the “Z-Wave Switch Generic” one.

I was expecting this to work with the generic Z-Wave Switch drivers, but it might be missing something on the fingerprints…

Send me the fingerprint of the IDE, please

The switch send button actions, push, 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x, held, hold?

1 Like

I would like to request a driver for the heatit z-dim. I cannot post any dth since it is made by rboy apps. I really like that this device functions as a dimmer and also a scene controller.

1 Like

I’m not sure where to post this so please move if needed.

The stock z-wave fan DTH has capabilities to raiseFanSpeed and lowerFanSpeed.
The stock z-wave fan edge driver does not have these capabilities. Would it be possible to add or these capabilities or create a new edge driver with them? (I use the raise and lower speed in sharptools rule engine for button presses on a button)

The stock z-wave fan controller DTH exposed raiseFanSpeed and lowerFanSpeed to 3rd party apps like Sharptools.
Is it possible to add these capabilities to the z-wave fan controller edge driver?
Would someone be willing to add them?

Monoprice Z-Wave Plus Door/Window Sensor Model HKZX-DWS01

zw:S type:0701 mfr:0208 prod:0201 model:0008 ver:1.05 zwv:4.34 lib:03 cc:5E,86,72,71,59,85,80,84,73,70,7A,5A

I’d like this as well

3 Likes

@LaserBoi
Would you be able to provide logs from the edge driver?
I don’t have Moes devices, so unable to test them.

Thanks

@Mariano_Colmenarejo , thanks for tagging me.

2 Likes

Looking for an Edge driver for the Frient smoke alarms so they can be used local.
These ones; Intelligent Smoke Alarm - Zigbee sensor for instant fire detection - frient

I got them linked into an automation where all the lights turn on and there’s a alarm+notification in the event there’s smoke. Would be nice if this was local to increase the reliability so it works even when the smartthings server/internet goes down.

There is a driver for Frient smoke detector. I have one in use. Haven’t tested if it works without internet though.

Hey; yeah i know there’s a driver… it works fine with the smatthings hub. But the connection/automation is still made in the cloud.