Post Requests for Zigbee Edge Drivers Here (community-created)

This should help. The exact description may be out of date, but the basic process is the same for today’s Groovy DTHs.(Edge Drivers, of course, are installed differently.)

[OBSOLETE] FAQ: An Overview of Using Custom Code in SmartThings (SmartThings Classic, Groovy Code)

1 Like

Thanks, the things you quoted are the ones I figured out so far :slight_smile:
But I learned many more tricks from the topic provided! It’s like a nice basic summary of getting started with device handlers and apps.

1 Like

Need an Edge Driver for ZWave Locks - Yale specifically but a universal would be fine.

What’s the hold up on this? A zigbee driver exists.

1 Like

I’m not really sure what you’re basing this statement on - perhaps you could provide a source if you believe this to be true. There’s nothing stopping someone from writing a custom edge driver for a z-wave device of any type right now.

1 Like

I would think it’s just a matter of someone making one, but I’m not an expert.

It does seem that Z-Wave drivers are lagging behind.

I wonder if that is a result of Z-Wave seemingly being left out of Matter.

I was going by what staff have told me previously regarding Zwave security and edge drivers in the current Beta, but I may have misunderstood. I’ve withdrawn my post above.

Do you know of anyone who has a working edge driver for a Z wave lock?

Yes. My Kwikset 910 is unlocking and locking happily on an edge driver that I threw together in five minutes this morning. ST has defined the default z-wave behaviors for the lock capability, so the most basic shell of a driver that does nothing but declare capabilities is enough to have a working z-wave lock driver.

Thank you.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for the correction! :sunglasses:

1 Like

That model doesn’t support S2 security, right? The S2 process is a little different for locks than other device classes, I’m just wondering if that has anything to do with the holdup on the official driver. Or if it’s just a case of too much to do and not enough time to do it in. :thinking:

Nayelz is going to track the official version for us, I’m sure they will have one eventually.

It doesn’t, and I don’t have a newer S2 model to test on. I can’t say I’m up to speed on the specifics of S2 Access Control vs the implementation for other devices, but S2 works on other devices and non-S2 locks work, so I currently have no reason to doubt.

I think it’s just too much to do, and locks being toward the end of the list. There are signs that development is still happening on them - the default handler file for the lockCodes capability is date stamped 1/26, the same day that the latest Lua libraries were posted. The lock default handler file also is one of the more recently updated. No new ST drivers have been posted since 1/26, so we’re probably due for some more to drop.

Keep calm… They’re coming.

1 Like

would you care to share your driver?

1 Like

What DTH does this switch use?

Hi @mob422

I have adapted the standard zigbee-button edge driver to work with the osram 4 button switch (EU version). You can find the results of my efforts on my edge channel

This version should work as a standard 4 button switch, with the preference set to ‘false’. The ‘true’ version tries to implement the osram specific stuff. That said I haven’t found a way to actually use the full capability of the osram settings.

I’d be grateful for any feedback.

1 Like

I now have the edge driver installed on 2 of my Osram switches and all 4 buttons respond to press and hold, which is the functionality I was needing.

Thank you very much…

1 Like

Is there an Edge Driver for Ikea Tradfri 5 Button remote? I can’t find one. I’ve tried to change the device type to Zigbee Remote, but it doesn’t work?

It is fingerprinted in the stock Zigbee Button driver.

1 Like

I’ve did a reset on the remote and now it’s using the Zigbee Button Driver, but in IDE it’s still listed as placeholder - Cloud… is that normal?

Yes.

All new architecture integrations, including all Edge Drivers, are listed as “placeholder“ in the IDE.

Alright! Thank you!
So even it’s showing Execution Location as Cloud the real execution is Local?
It’s only shown as Cloud Execution?

that is correct.

1 Like