Pair Ikea Fyrtur Remote with Fyrtur Blinds?

Same. This should be easier.

As far as I can tell, the remote is using the Edge driver (Settings says “Group: 0”), while the blinds seem to keep picking up the stock Groovy DTH (no “Group”), and no control from the remote.

Is there a way to delete every trace of the Groovy handler and force the blinds to pick up the Edge driver?

First of all i need to know the model name of your blinds. So far, the driver has been created for my internal use only and only supports the devices I own.

Hi, sorry yes, it’s a Fyrtur.

The current diver has fingerprints for

- id: "ikea/fyrtur"
    deviceLabel: "FYRTUR block-out roller Blind"
    manufacturer: IKEA of Sweden
    model: "FYRTUR block-out roller Blind"
    deviceProfileName: blind

- id: "ikea/tredansen"
    deviceLabel: "TREDANSEN block-out cellul blind"
    manufacturer: IKEA of Sweden
    model: "TREDANSEN block-out cellul blind"
    deviceProfileName: blind
1 Like

Yes, I appreciate this. Thank you! I just can’t get the Fyrtur to pair with the Edge driver, it seems to automatically pick up the stock Groovy DTH. I’ve deleted the device from ST and factory reset the Fyrtur multiple times with no luck.

do you add it as described at Announcement | SmartThings Edge for Devices and Automations - #200 by nayelyz @SameGuy

Yes, it finds the blinds as well as the remote both ways (scan or catalogue), but while the remote shows “Group: 0” under settings, no such line exists on the blinds and the remote doesn’t control them. That’s why I think the blinds keep automatically picking up the stock Groovy handler by default but I can find no way to prevent that. Is there a method I’m missing somewhere?

This driver doesn’t let my shades show up for things such as Shady or Gentle Wakeup. It also always shows the shade at 100%. If it’s already at 100%, things work fine. If not, though, things get weird.

That’s weird as it’s mostly copy of the Edge driver from ST , you can try switch drivers in settings without re-pairing. Can you share the link to the apps you mentioned

maybe you are using ST Edge driver ?

2 Likes

LOL, thank you for that, I was just about to send you screenshots of that page from both the remote as well as the blinds!

ETA: I should note that even though the blinds work with the stock Groovy handler, the remote doesn’t do anything despite the actions I’ve set for the toggles. Perhaps it’s because Group 0 is null?

1 Like

Just returned from holidays …

This is exactly the same problem I had
Working using the app but the remote does nothing ( even though you can see sometimes after you push the button that the remote battery status does refresh in the app it self)

Yup. Exact same deal for me.

1 Like

Tried to switch the driver under settings but the driver option is only available in the button settings. Blind it self doesn’t have the Driver option listed.
Is there way to delete the old device handlers ?
Thanks

I propose to use ST Edge driver first , this must default one according to Hub-Connected Devices Now Use Edge Drivers

maybe it make sense to report about this issue there

1 Like

Thank you Andrew, will do that.

One more question, did you set it up using the included repeater or without it?
Thanks

I’ve added the repeater after to improve link quality

1 Like

Hm, I thought that that could cause my problems, but tried with and without it, no difference.

The same thing happens with the ST “official” beta driver.

Gentle Wakeup is from SmartThings Labs.

Shady is here.