I’ve been unable to pair my IKEA Tredansen Smart Blinds with the Smart Things app. I’m not sure where I’m going wrong and it seems these blinds are very new so I can’t find any information on someone who has done it successfully.
Here’s what I’ve tried and my set up:
Aeotec Smart Home Hub (gen 3)
5 IKEA Tredansen Smart Blinds
1 Tradfri repeater/extender
I am able to sync the 5 ikea smart blinds to 1 ikea tradfri remote and the repeater/extender without issues. In the SmartThings app, I can sync and add the repeater/extender, but once I try to sync any of the 5 blinds, they are never found by app/hub and I cannot enter them manually as Tredansen isn’t an option on the app. I was able to reset the blinds and re=pair them with the tradfri remote, but again still unable to pair with the smartthings hub.
My suggestion is to wait for the fingerprint to be added to the driver.
Check this out if you haven’t already.
Try following this guide:
Thanks, but my issue is I can’t even connect the device to the SmartThings app to begin with. Not sure how they did this
The reddit post kind of worked for me. The device handler without the battery works, but not with the battery. Also, the status indicator is reversed. It says it is opened when it is closed, and closed when it is opened.
So this post helped me resolve my issue, here’s exactly what I did below
- Go to Groovy IDE and create a new device handler using the linked post above
- In the SmartThings app, go to add a new device and choose Scan for Devices
- Sync the Repeater/Extender first by placing a pin in the hole and pressing the reset button for 5 seconds
- Once SmartThings app connects the repeater, reset the Tredansen blinds by holding both buttons on the blind for a few seconds until the blind moves slightly and the lights start flashing
- On the SmartThings app, scan for new devices
- Insert a pin into the repeater/extender again and press the reset button for 1 second
- Blinds should show up and automatically be added
- Repeat steps 4-7 for additional blinds
These exact steps are what I did to solve and get everything connected
I ended up just switching it in the ide.
I’ve installed the DTH suggested a few posts above. But every time I try to pair the Tredansen blinds, I get no Network ID when I try to manually select the DTH in the web IDE. I have tried removing and re-pairing multiple times but still same problem. Every time it gets paired, it adds as “Zigbee thing”. Anyone faced the same issue or knows how to fix this?
So there us is no edge driver development happening anywhere for the tredansen model?
I use the ikea window edge driver here
Have you had any problems with this driver?
No. Just make sure you install the edge driver first, and then add the shades.
Hi here Sakari. what kind? are you having trouble?
Btw, thanks Joey, I got to Veonua’s driver from another thread and setup the blinds. maybe not using them the right way but got it to work with automations.
I actually doesn’t have any Ikea blinds. Thinking about buying but I want to be 100% sure they work with ST. That’s why I usually ask about any problems.