I have one Ikea Fyrtur blind, the v2 hub, and the new app. I do not have the Tradfri hub. I am trying to pair the blind to my hub using the standard device handler in the new app. Here’s what I’m doing:
- I reset the blind by pushing the two buttons simultaneously on the blind for a long time - past the blinks and until it started pulsing. I think that resets it.
- I reset the Ikea remote for good measure by pressing the remote button four times.
- I go into the app and go to the plus sign (Add) > Device > IKEA > Window Treatment > IKEA > press the Start button > select the correct Room > select Next
- At this point the app says “Press and hold both buttons on the blind until the light flashes”. So I do that. I’ve tried variations of letting go of the buttons during the flashes, after the flashes are over, WAY after the flashes are over, etc. Doesn’t seem to matter.
- On the blind, the lights flash a bit, then pulse for a bit, then turn off. At the same time, the light on the hub is blinking green. The app continues to very slowly increment the percentage.
- Eventually the light on the blind turns off, and the app says “The device is not responding. Try adding the device again.” The light on the hub stops blinking at this point.
I’ve tried this probably 20 or so times, all with the same result. The blind is a couple of feet away from the hub. Originally I was using the blind with the IKEA remote so I know the blind can send/receive a signal. I just have no idea why it won’t pair with the hub. Does anyone have any ideas about how to get this to work?