[OBSOLETE] Warmup (Connect) [Warmup 4IE Wifi Thermostat]

This is an unofficial Warmup 4IE Wifi thermostat and SmartThings integration BETA. With this smart app you are able to connect the Warmup 4IE Thermostat to SmartThings. The Warmup 4IE is compatible with electric underfloor heating. http://www.warmup.co.uk/products/thermostats/4ie-smart-wifi-thermostat/

Author - @Alyc100

Special Thanks
Michael Hollins and the Warmup team who were very helpful in providing the API documentation.

Donations
This integration is provided completely free of charge and is open source. If however you really feel like it, you can make a donation here

Latest Versions

Ensure you install the latest versions of both the Smart App and Device Handler

Smart App - Warmup (Connect) v1.0 BETA - Updated 15/12/2016 00:25

• Initial Release.

Device Handler - Warmup 4IE v1.0 BETA Release 3 - Updated 10/12/2017 19:35

• Add boost functionality.

#Supported Warmup Thermostats

• Warmup 4IE WiFi Thermostat

Notable Features

• Full control over your Warmup 4IE Thermostat including usage in rules and routines (i.e, CoRE)!!

BETA Known Issues

• If you have multiple thermostats in one location, turning one ‘off’ turns all Warmup thermostats off. I’m hoping that an API call exists that stops this happening.

Screenshots

Installation Guide

To install the Warmup (Connect) app:

1. Add the Warmup (Connect) app from GitHub as a new ‘My SmartApps’, select create from code option and paste. Save and Publish.

2. Add the Warmup 4IE device type from GitHub as a new ‘My Device Handlers’, select create from code option and paste. Save and Publish.

3. Add the Warmup (Connect) app within the ST app from the Marketplace, then selecting the ‘SmartApps’ tab and locating the Warmup (Connect) app under the ‘My Apps’ section which should be at the bottom of the list.

4. Add your Warmup credentials (email and password) and select ‘Done’ on top right of app.

5. You should be able to select your location and thermostats devices in the configuration screen.

6. Once you have selected your devices, click Done on the top right.

Your selected devices should automatically be configured and appear under ‘Things’ with the label [Room Name] Warmup (may require SmartThings app restart).

Github Links

Github Repository Integration details:
Owner: alyc100, Name: SmartThingsPublic, Branch: master

Feedback

Post your comments and feedback on this topic. Please be aware this is a BETA so I expect there to be some bugs and issues.

1 Like

This is exactly what I have been after! I have had it installed for the last 2 weeks and it seems to work perfectly. Thanks :smiley:

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your code!

I do however have a problem, my 4ie thermostats do not display as devices but they are seen in logging.

When i run through the setup there is an error when i hit done (unable to save) but the stats are listed in the APP.

from the logs

Name Value
archivable true
date 2017-01-05 2:16:17.042 PM UTC (2017-01-05T14:16:17.042Z)
description Boys Room Warmup status msg is Mode: AUTO. Air Temp: 21.0°C.
deviceId 1450b49d-a091-44eb-b0cd-ae3f1992bf41
deviceTypeId 080e6502-86ea-4860-ac41-c33238f2c670
displayed false
eventSource DEVICE
hubId
id 85b4f720-d351-11e6-a770-0aa151d6fe45
isStateChange true
isVirtualHub false
linkText Boys Room Warmup
locationId 7fc95eab-76cb-4146-9b91-fa9d7ed65284
name statusMsg
rawDescription
translatable false
unixTime 1483625777042
value Mode: AUTO. Air Temp: 21.0°C.
viewed false

can you see a problem? thanks

UPDATE: After leaving it overnight i went back into the App and hit DONE without making any changes, it then saved without error and the stats now appear as devices.

UPDATE 2: It appears that my hub was the problem, after deleting my Hub 2 location and starting from new all my problems have gone away.

Do you know if this code is can be modified to work with the Homseer3 platform?

Excellent work @Alyc100.

Many thanks, works out of the box.

Many thanks - works a treat so far.

Hi Alex,

Do you know if there is a solution to the Beta known issue relating to multiple thermostats in one location, turning one ‘off’ turns all Warmup thermostats off?

I’m trying to use CoRE to setup a piston to control the underfloor heating in rooms based on motion & presence. Is a workaround instead, to use temperature setpoints rather than setting the thermostat mode to ‘off/auto’?

Many thanks

Unfortunately not. Setting temperature set point to 7 degrees would have the same effect though.

Hi @Alyc100 I have copied the code for Device Handler and Smartapp, in the smartthings app though I am having an issue completing setup. I am authenticated with login and password, it recognises the warmup heating in my house, but in the setup page I click save and it says ‘Error saving page’. I’ve closed the app and tried again several times and have had the issue for weeks now, any ideas?

13:17:13: error physicalgraph.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException: Device type ‘Warmup 4IE’ in namespace ‘alyc100’ not found.

You haven’t installed and/or published the Warmup device handler.

Holy torpedoes. Does this work with the warmup model : awg4?

http://www.warmtech.com.au/sites/default/files/touch-thermostat-model-awg4-reduced.pdf

About to get this system installed in my bathroom.

Managed to install. Thanks for instructions and for the hard work.

But now there’s a decent(ish) app, I’m wondering what practical uses people have for integrating this kind of things with smartthings. MIght be a stupid question, I realise…

You can control the warmup thermostat using smartthings events and apps such as WebCore.

Some examples:
When smartthings is in away mode my warmup thermostat turns off.

I also have a motion sensor in my kitchen so if no motion is detected for 30 minutes it turns my underfloor heating off via warmup.

1 Like

No, i think these are different companies.

Hello,

do you have documents about the API from api.warmup.com.
My Plan ist to integrate the Warmup 4IE in the SmartHome System Loxone.

THX
EyesOnly

Ended up getting the 4IE. If it works will happily donate. The warmup is actually warm tech just a diff model. So it may work.

I heard the 4IE doesn’t let you decrease brightness and not to have it near your bedroom as it’s really Bright. Hope not !

BETA 1.0 Release 3. Now with added boost functionality.

@Alyc100

Did you consider using Home Assistant on your PI and using this code to create a WarmUp component? This would allow much more home automation options.

Hi @Alyc100
I have published both smartapp and device handler, but I do not see the Warmup app in My Apps.
Can you please help?
Thanks

**Edit
Figured it out, have to make sure you’re on the EU server or it won’t publish in your account!