[OBSOLETE] Warmup (Connect) [Warmup 4IE Wifi Thermostat]

Hi @Alyc100, I have not been able to get the boost function to work yet. Is it working for you at the moment?

Boost appearing to work for me. What issue are you seeing?

Hi Alex, when I press the boost button, the mode doesnā€™t change.

The Warmup API will not allow the boost command to override if the thermostat is set to off. The thermostat needs to be on ā€˜Scheduleā€™ or ā€˜Manualā€™ mode for the boost to activate.

I have the same problem in any mode

When you press the boost button are there any errors in the ST IDE logs?

Hmmm, strange, Iā€™ve just had another go and itā€™s working now!

Is there a reason why I only see a limited amount of text next to the mode? I just see "Emer"
Looks a bit different to your screenshot

got this working thank you!

Keen to see how folks are using this device in smartthings - are you using it with routines or core?

ideally Iā€™d like to setup a core piston that only lets this device heat up if we are home and there has been movement in the area or something (plus certain times etc)

Has anyone worked out how to turn frost protect off ? The weather forecast detected in the thermostat is no lower than 15 celcius and it goes to frost protect.

I setup a piston to monitor it and turn it off but surely it can be disabled. Keen to see rules others have setup

EDIT: tho you canā€™t update it on the device you can under the app on ios/android called ā€œMyHeatingā€ - hopefully it stays off.

Iā€™ve setup a core piston that checks time, mode, floor temp and main house temp and turns on heating in floor based on that. will have to try out a few settings first to get the temp right

for anyone else with the same issues on this device type - setting the mode to OFF actually tends to turn frost protection on and i found that if itā€™s on it wonā€™t go to the setpoint you set.

So in core i removed any mode change from my actions and just set the temp really low or to my desired level and that controls the system and leaves frost protection off.

Turns out itā€™s not really working. I find set heating set point and mode doesnā€™t work.

Any plans to update this device type ? Would happily donate.

Iā€™ll take a look

Iā€™ve tried it with my device and it still works. I checked by going to my.warmup.com/login, changing the modes and temperature on the smartthings device app and refreshing the web page. It seems to sync perfectly. Even the boost override works and thatā€™s always been a bit temperamental. Have you checked your login credentials on the Warmup smart app? Any errors in the Smartthings IDE logs when you press a button?

Itā€™s quite delayed I find. I am pretty sure core is the problem. But itā€™s all up to date. Iā€™m having issues with other core pistons

So do you use thermostat mode set to heat or just set thermostat to heat. As there are different options.

I find that it keeps turning frost protection mode on also which seems to he a different state. Keen to see exactly how you use yours with core ?

@Alyc100

i have my second warmup installed and there are two issues (one is listed above by you already).

1. Turning off 1 warmup turns off all (known)
  2. Turning on 1 warmup turns on all - (unknown?)

If i set warmup 1 to heat and set setpoint to above current temp (via thing in ST) , warmup 2 mimics the setting.

do you know if warmup were planing on updating their api to stop this?

Update from warmup. It hasnā€™t been updated in over 18 months that API. And is no longer supported.

But ifttt works well for those that have more than one warmup.

Did they happen to say there is a new API? @Alyc100 do you have more than one API document or a contact to get an updated one?

Iā€™m particularly interested in creating a Python version of their API.

Thanks.

Iā€™ve just spoken to Warmup about the space-heating abilities for my new build, and in the process I asked about the API. He mentioned thereā€™s usually more information known in September when theyt have their conference, but in the meantime, heā€™ll get in touch with [I think he said] Michael, as per @Alyc100ā€™s original post, and see if he has an update.

If I hear anything, Iā€™ll post.

There would have to be a new one. But even the ifttt is buggy as hell. Ive logged heaps of info for them but they have gone quiet now