New day new errors after the the last app update to android.
Since 13.06.2022 can I not increase/decrease temperature on my z-wave thermostats. The tile which normally has the “set cooling temperature” is gone from the app.
Since the same date does also all z-wave devices with power meters not show the energy consumption. The app only shows “out of range”. When I go to the history tab or groovy do I see that the consumption in deed is reported. It is just the app that do not show.
Zigbee devices does show energy consumption.
Any ideas what has happened?
I have also tried to check these settings from a brand new Samsung A53 5G, a
both DTHs DHs and Edge drivers. My floor thermostats use a DH from rboy apps. I have 3 fibaro wall plugs. 2 of them (the newest) uses smartthings edge driver “Z-wave metering switch”, the 3rd uses standard “Z-Wave metering switch” DTH, my heatit relay 16A uses a standard “z-wave metering switch” DTH. All zigbee devices works fine. This has just happened to z-wave devices. The only Z-Wave device which shows the power consumption is an 1th generation Fibaro Wall plug which uses “Z-Wave metering switch” DTH. All other Z-wave devices with power measure capability shows “out of range”. I have two Cielo Eco thermostats, they do still show “Cooling temperature” and lets me change the temperature (They are cloud connected). Just talked to a guy through the “smartthings norge” forum on facebook, and he also has the same problem.
Hi. I just tried the latest update from today, but still same error. Did then uninstall smartthings and installed version 220.127.116.11 and now does everything work again. I have unchecked “auto-update” now until I know there is a working new version
The issue was in the plugin of the app, the one that manages how all the views appear. The team didn’t share the specific details but the update for that is not bound to an app version, that’s why it isn’t perceived directly.
There are two sections that work together, the metadata and the plugin. The metadata holds the configuration and the plugin is the “interpreter” that displays the elements.
This is controlled internally so, it is not possible for external developers to get and/or overwrite that configuration.
Once upon a time, if you were creating devices via the Developer Workspace you could not only edit the UI Manifest (a precursor of the device presentation) but you could define a custom plugin for your device. At that time the Developer Workspace was a particularly hostile environment for community developers. Since then custom capabilities and device configs have come along and been retrofitted and I’d imagine the plugins probably got shifted to the back burner.