[OBSOLETE] Qubino Flush 1D Relay, Flush 2 Relays, Flush 1 Relay, & Flush Dimmer

Update: These devices also support an external temperature probe which I have added support for.

Update: I have added the capability to dynamically change the sensor type on the connected i2 & i3 inputs. See video below:

These are very nice (and small) in-wall relays and dimmer. I’ve included every configuration parameter so you can fine tune them to fit your needs. They are comparable to the Fibaros, but flat (Fibaro’s are a little curved), and a little sturdier. They don’t have as many configuration options, but probably the ones most people are looking for.

Note: These devices support multiple inputs and outputs (relays). This will require an additional “child” device handler to be installed. This uses the brand new SmartThings “composite device” way of handling multichannel devices! Technically you only need the child device for the capability you are going to use. The information is posted for each individual device. If you have already installed the device and are switching over to this handler, open the device preferences in the SmartThings app and hit “Done”. This will create the additional inputs or outputs. If you have Github integration, choose “Update from Repo”, click on my repo, and select all the “Child Device” device handlers to install. If you don’t have Github integration here are the links below. I will be using these child handlers in many of my device handlers so once you install them, you should be good for any handler that is mine!

Child Device Handlers:

Contact Sensor
Metering Switch
Switch
Smoke Alarm
Water Sensor
Carbon Monoxide Sensor
Carbon Dioxide Sensor
Motion Sensor

I have also written a review here.

You can purchase all of these devices from thesmartesthouse.com

Qubino Flush 1D Relay

Note: This device has an additional input that can be used as an open/close sensor. To use it, you must install the device handler below as well as the “Child Device Handlers you intend to use” (see above).

Configuration Options:

1 Input 1 switch type
2 Input 2 contact type
10 Activate / deactivate functions ALL ON/ALL OFF
11 Automatic turning off output after set time
12 Automatic turning on output after set time
15 Automatic turning off / on seconds or milliseconds selection
30 Saving the state of the relay after a power failure
63 Output Switch selection
100 Enable / Disable Endpoint I2 or select Notification Type and Event
110 Temperature sensor offset settings
120 Digital temperature sensor reporting

Device Handler:

Qubino Flush 1 Relay

Note: This device has an additional input that can be used as an open/close sensor. To use it, you must install the device handler below as well as the “Child Device Handlers you intend to use” (see above).

Qubino Flush Dimmer

Note: This device has two additional inputs that can be used as an open/close sensors. To use them, you must install the device handler below as well as the “Contact Sensor Child Device” (also below).

Configuration Options:

1 Input 1 switch type
2 Input 2 switch type
3 Input 2 contact type
4 Input 3 contact type
10 Activate / deactivate functions ALL ON / ALL OFF
11 Automatic turning off output after set time
12 Automatic turning on output after set time
20 Enable/Disable Additional Switch
21 Enable/Disable Double click function
30 Saving the state of the device after a power failure
40 Power reporting in Watts on power change
42 Power reporting in Watts by time interval
60 Minimum dimming value
61 Maximum dimming value
65 Dimming time (soft on/off)
66 Dimming time when key pressed
67 Ignore start level
68 Dimming duration
100 Enable / Disable Endpoints I2 or select Notification Type and Event
101 Enable / Disable Endpoints I3 or select Notification Type and Event
120 Temperature sensor reporting

Device Handler:

Qubino Flush 2 Relays

Note: This device has two endpoints (relays) and needs an additional device handler installed to take advantage of the second relay. You must install the device handler below as well as the “Metering Switch Child Device” (also below).

Configuration Options:

1 Input 1 switch type
2 Input 2 switch type
10 Activate / deactivate functions ALL ON/ALL OFF
11 Automatic turning off output Q1 after set time
12 Automatic turning on output Q1 after set time
13 Automatic turning off output Q2 after set time
14 Automatic turning on output Q2 after set time
15 Automatic turning off / on seconds or milliseconds selection
30 Saving the state of the relays Q1 and Q2 after a power failure
40 Power reporting in Watts on power change for Q1
41 Power reporting in Watts on power change for Q2
42 Power reporting in Watts by time interval for Q1
43 Power reporting in Watts by time interval for Q2
63 Output Q1 Switch selection
64 Output Q2 Switch selection
120 Digital temperature sensor reporting

Device Handler:

8 Likes

Flush 1D and dimmer working well for me. I see temperature in events- is it meant to appear on a tile as well?

Tried writing a handler myself previously and failed dismally- so thank you, very much appreciated!

I’ve previously setup association groups in openHAB- any idea of the code I’d need to add this to the handler? I need to delete an old device ID that was a controller and update with the new device ID, so it would be great if I knew how to set the two controller ID’s from the SmartThings handler. Preferably doesn’t need to go into the app settings as they’re the same for every device in my system.

There is actually a great tool for accomplishing what you want. It requires that you assign a temporary device handler, but it is really neat:

Edit: as for temperature, do you have the external temperature probe? Yes, if you have the probe it should show on the tile as well.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, will try tweaker. Yes, I have the external temperature probe and was installed before include. Where should temperature appear- the the right of kWh tile?

It seems like the latest app update is causing problems regarding how some elements are being displayed. I have uploaded a new version of the handler that should fix the issue.

Working perfectly now, thank you.

Between the Qubino and Aeon Multi 6 handlers you’ve helped me do things I’ve been trying to for a year!

I found your virtual device sync and associated virtual devices. Tried it against the Qubino dimmer but it’s seeing zero end points. Will it be able to handle the mix of one dimmer + the i2/ i3 binary inputs?

I really do owe you a few favours. I can offer a holiday with free accommodation in Scotland. I’ll even throw in a few HA puzzles I’ve been dreaming up for years in case you get bored!

1 Like

So i2 & i3 are inputs, where virtual device sync focuses more on the outputs (relays). Do you mind sharing which binary inputs you are using? There would be a couple ways I could handle it in the device handler. I could use a button capability that could send button events when i2 & i3 are opened and closed. So i2 open could send button1 i2 closed button2, etc. The other way would be to add a “contact” and/or “motion” capability to the handler. These could represent whether i2 & i3 are open/closed.

I’ll figure something out, but SmartThings doesn’t really have a native way to handle something like this.

In the main, I need to switch on/ off other modules from the Qubino i2/ i3. There’s only space for one Qubino behind (multi-gang) light switches, so I have other modules above ceiling for the other lights that I’d like to use i2/i3 for. In most cases these are z-wave, so I could probably do this using the z-wave tweaker you advised to setup a direct association group.
Two are Philips Hue bulbs so they’re a bit harder and would need SmartThings logic.

The hardest is the “steam room” button. This needs to switch on an Aeon heavy duty switch and a light via z-wave, but also use complex logic to disable the Room fan which is on another module- this is usually brought on by a Smart Lighting Smartapp. In this case my thought was to to use i2/ i3 to either change mode to disable the Smart Lighting rule, or delve into CoRE.

I see there’s options to set i2/i3 as security, motion, etc- but these don’t logically spring to mind as they’re low voltage- i2/ i3 need mains closure to trigger.

1 Like

I will update the handler with the ability to take advantage of i2 & i3 and will post an update when done (although I’m not sure it will fit your use case). The way I hope to accomplish it is to have the device have 2 additional contact tiles. The user can program functionality based on their open / closed status.

I have added support for the i2 and i3 inputs. A couple things to note. You need to install an additional device type. It is the “Contact Sensor Child Device” handler and I will post it in the 1st post. Also, after the handler is installed and you have updated the Qubino handlers to the latest version, go into the preferences of the device and hit “Done”. This will create the contact sensor for i2 & i3. You can then use those inputs in any SmartApp that supports the “Contact Sensor” capability.

The inputs will show up in separate devices when you go to select them in automations. (Notice the "Qubino Flush Dimmer (i2 & i3) in the below picture.

Excellent thank you. I’ve updated handlers for both relay 1d and dimmer, and added child device. All devices now showing i2 or i2+i3 as appropriate. Have added a few new Smart Lighting routines against the extra open/close contacts.
Can’t connect wiring to extra terminals to test until the weekend- looking forward to closing off a few items from my wish list.!

Can I ask if you intend uploading the handlers to.SmartThings to try to start the process of getting them added? Particularly in the U.K. where we don’t get GitHub integration this would be the icing on the cake.

If SmartThings had such a thing as an App Store I’d be more than happy to pay for them- until then I’d be happy to offer a donation either directly or to a charity of your choice…

Thank you again- wonderful piece of work for these fantastic modules

I have honestly never tried to publish my work through SmartThings. Have heard bad things about the experience, but maybe that is a thing of the past. I’ll give it a shot and see how it goes. I’ll let this version of the handler settle in for a bit before submittal to make sure there aren’t any bugs.

Gentlemen, did you manage to get the Flush Dimmer included while both I2 and I3 are enabled via this handler?

I’m writing a common device handler for these that would support all features but am having trouble with SmartThings detecting the device during inclusion at all when both inputs are enabled.

Which features are you looking to add that aren’t already supported with this handler?

I have found that the dimmer is kind of finicky with inclusion and usually have to try several times.

I’m mainly trying to add a full multichannel context to the device that would support the full configuration range for the device’s capabilities in a single handler, so both configurable inputs and the optional temperature sensor along with single and multi channel associations.

It’s most likely not an issue on the device itself since on the z-wave network level all commands are answered correctly, but for some reason i can’t get it to recognize the device with both inputs enabled (with just 1 it’s paired normally).

So the only thing mentioned there that my handler doesn’t support is the direct associations, but I do recommend people use the Z-Wave Tweaker smartapp for associations as it is a great tool with feedback for confirmation etc.

Last update to these handlers added support for the i2 & i3 inputs. It also switched the Qubino 2 Relay device over to SmartThings new composite device method of handling multichannel devices. This is something I have been waiting for for a long time! (but it does require child device handlers to be installed)

I have just commited a new update that allows you to dynamically change the inputs of i2 & i3 to several different types of sensors (smoke, carbon monoxide, motion, contact, water, carbon dioxide). Here is a video of it in action:

This functionality will be in the Flush 1D Relay as well as the Flush Dimmer.

Is there a way to have a smart app pick up the temp from this unit? I’d assume it would be by setting parameters for the digital temp sensor reporting, but I am not clear on what those parameters do.
I am trying to run a ventilation fan when the temp reaches a certain point and was using the samsung multi sensor, which I think are awful, but it worked…replacing the batteries every week just got old.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Yes, the handlers all support temperature sensors. To have them automatically report temperature, they have to be included while the temperature sensor is connected. Any app that lets you select a device with the “Temperature Measurement” capability should be able to use the temperature sensor on these.

Does input i2 and i3 support double and triple click?