No support?

I know they have been working hard, but still this is a little bit outrageous…

SmartThings Support: Our support team is off until after the Christmas holiday. Please send an email to support@smartthings.com and we will get back to you soon after we return. Happy holidays!

3 Likes

Good maybe our stuffs will work better since they won’t be around to mess around with the cloud infrastructure.

3 Likes

Yeah, wait till the Christmas presents are opened, and all the newbies will come on the forum asking for the phone number to call the support…

4 Likes

This is the first holiday season since ST entered the retail market. What could possibly go wrong? :open_mouth: :santa:

6 Likes

I’m conflicted. I’m generally in favor of more holiday time for US workers, so it’s nice to see ST is giving some. On the other hand, support is a 24/7 type of business in my book, especially for any business even tangentially in the security area. I’m in insurance and you can call us anytime (might have to really like the hold music if it gets busy!).

Let’s at least hope that they’re giving a couple days off now, so they have all staff on hand on Saturday and aren’t waiting until the following Monday. I remember the influx of new users/hubs last Christmas and how much havoc it wreaked for a good week.

3 Likes

Hey no worries, even when they are there - they aren’t.

What’s the difference?

1 Like

Yeah, I sort of feel like scrooge expecting them to work through the holidays. but this kind of suggests to me that I have been thinking too highly of smartthings - I assumed support would be 24/365 on a product like this.

For once I am just chilling this holiday season with nothing to report. For once everything in my setup is working fine or several days. Hope I don’t have to call support. Unless Bob (@SBDOBRESCU) sends something my way! :wink:

1 Like

See how you are? So you only “report” when something doesn’t work? How about sharing some of your colorful hue light stories for a change :smile: …Happy holidays, buddy, enjoy while it lasts (the food that is) :wink:

2 Likes

They really do need a break for a couple of days to catch their breath. Santa will be dropping off a bunch of little white boxes to all the naughty kids.

:gift::christmas_tree::santa:

4 Likes

Same to you! Kind of hibernating for a change! :wink:

1 Like

Isn’t the correct term “long winter’s nap”, or does that just apply on Christmas Eve? :grin:

Nope! I am actually hibernating! :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL I just emailed support, got the holiday response, and went ahead and did the fix I knew they would tell me (general exclude, re-add.) FYI ST, you’re not really supposed to shut down support. Holiday shifts - pay extra :slight_smile: One hopes the data center Operations team has holiday coverage!

2 Likes

Really? When was the last time you got free 24x7x365 lifetime support on any device? I must be buying the wrong products.

3 Likes

My car insurance is 24/7, my current alarm system is. Im not upset with smartthings, clearly I was just mistaken in thinking they really thought of themselves as a security solution. I havent had any problems with my system but I would have thought there would be at least limited support available?

I guess its different because they are subscription based instead of one time fee based, like you mention.

2 Likes

Well, support works like the platform, when they want to, not how they advertise! Today is Wednesday and NOT a holiday. But that doesn’t matter, because according to the support page, they are not closed for any of the holidays! Hmmm.

Ok, now I am scrooge, but just wanted to make a point to @sidjohn1

1 Like

Device not responding to commands via the app or routines?

Are you missing the replace device options too?

I was missing that until just a couple hours ago when support DID email me saying it’s back. I just checked, and it is!

2 Likes

Thanks! This will make it a bit easier to replace those switches that have dropped off the network.