I just got my new Lowe’s Iris motion sensor, but it took a little effort for it to show up and work right. Here’s info that may help anyone with these and trying to get them to work right.
The pairing process is like any other device, but it will be found as a Thing. Until ST updates the stock DTH with the new fingerprint, you’ll need to do a few things after joining:
- In the IDE, change the Type field to “SmartSense Motion Sensor”
- Force a rejoin by pulling battery, then hold down the button on the side. Put the battery back in and when the red LED turns off, let go. The join process will start, so kick off the ST join process in the mobile app.
- The blue LED will flash, then flash green and turn off. When that happens stop the join process in the mobile app. Your sensor should now be working right, including temperature reporting.
- Create your own temporary DTH with the code posted below by @prjct92eh2. (Thanks!)
- In the IDE, change the Type field to “Iris IL071 Motion Sensor”
You can remove the temporary DTH, or keep it if you plan on adding more. I’ll probably update that DTH with the new fingerprint in a couple days, but for now all fingerprints have been removed from that DTH so it doesn’t mess up adding/rejoining a device with a valid fingerprint.
Information ST has about the device. Note the manufacturer:
Battery went from a CR2 to a CR123A.
The LED does NOT flash green like the previous model did.
It reports humidity!
Notice the size difference from the previous model: