New android classic app Nov 15 crashes when saving any smartapp

I’m also having issues with this version, app crashes on launch and presence hasn’t worked since Nov 19, both for me and SO. I have a Pixel 3 and she has a Samsung S9…

Same as everyone else post update, presence messed up, frequent crashes and I can no longer view any camera feeds without it crashing and looping back to the home screen. All icons gone etc.

So gutted I updated. ST please fix this… :frowning:

Another thread here:

Is there any possible way to Undo the update? Rollback to the previous version?

I just successfully rolled back ST Classic app to version 2.17
got my icons back, no more crashing

I turned off the auto update

you will have to enable side loading on your phone.

here is the previous version:

http://mail.lgk.com/smartthings.zip

you will also need to unzip it first

Also experiencing lots of issues with the classic app crashing after the Nov 15th update, making it difficult to get newly paired devices added to some smartapps like webCoRE. Presence stopped working altogether on both connected phones (both running Android 10). All of the previously existing icons still show up, but I can’t change any of the icons, and the icons for devices paired after the update are mostly just gray circles, with the exception of a z-wave outlet that has the outlet icon.

Here is a reply from Smartthings

Looks like the issue was resolved? I rolled back to 2.17 but noticed my SO’s phone started working a couple of days ago and she kept the version and updates enabled.

Notbrized here waiting for next version

2.18.1 did not fix the crashing.

I installed the NEW Smartthings App.

I will keep Both the NEW Smartthings App and the Classic 2.17 running

We’ll see if the New App works out

As for Classic…I think The End is coming

1 Like

it better not be becuase none of the exiting custom device types or smartapps work in the new app. and there is quite a lot of those written.

All my custom SmartApps work fine in the new app. And my custom DTH work with basic functionality. Definitely more work needed for custom capabilities in DTH.

The vast majority of the custom DTH’s I use work in the new app, though several are missing more complex functionality. Same with smartapps. If your custom DTH’s and smartapps aren’t working in the new app you might want to check to make sure you’re using the most up to date versions. Slight modifications were made to a lot of them over the last year to get them to be compatible with the new app.

There are still a couple of devices and a couple of smartapps that I can’t get to work with the new app, which is the main reason I’ve not fully switched to using it.

New version 2.18.1 build 561929 solves the crash issue but now it shows constantly a note that it is updating presence…

Force close the app and clear your app cache. The banner will disappear. :grinning:

1 Like

Worked! Thanks.

1 Like

well… it is back everytime the status would update (enter/leave geofence).
I have support checking on it. suppose it will be fixed in next update

Sorry about that. It didn’t come back for me as I use Life360 for presence and have for years.

Curious they said another update is coming. I guess it depends which help desk person you get as to whether they say more updates are coming or the last update was the final one. I think they need to give everyone the same script to read. :roll_eyes:

Fair. They didn’t state they would release a new version but if this one is buggy on this update, I hardly see them not fixing the bug they introduced. The guy said he is forwarding to the dev team so… they still have a dev team :wink: