Classic App missing icons for sensor

Anyone else seeing an issue in the classic app is missing the status icon for Smartthings branded contact sensors using the default device handler?

2 Likes

Same hereā€¦only ST brand devices

Same thing here two ST devices. Also the tile on things page. I sent an email to support, I suggest you both do the same.

See Missing icons in smartthings classic app after recent update

and

If you have a github you can recover icons by having them using a https:// url to access them. Thatā€™s why on my side I have all my customized icons displayed but I miss all the standards ones from ST.
I entrered a ticket to support and pointed them to the above posts but no progressā€¦

Iā€™m referring to stock device handlers here, not custom. Iā€™m fairly certain they were working until this evening.

I lost the icons on the last update of the classic app in december or so

Iā€™m having the same problem. Started yesterday, 12-21.

Same here. Started yesterday. Lost the door open/close status icon and at the same time sharptools automations based on door open/close event stopped working. Recent log of the door sensor has started showing weird coordinates in the feed - I guess based on movement.

Just noticed this yesterday. I have three devices in this state. Are you aware of any resolution?

Please email support@smartthings.com

1 Like

Just received reply from SmartThings. I tried their solution and it didnā€™t work. And of course I tried that before their answer.

Sorry Joel. I find support interactions to be frustrating at best. Usually I just verify that others are having the same issue and then assume since itā€™s a wide spread problem, it will get fixed at some point.

I know, I know, the more people telling them thereā€™s an issue, the quicker it get escalated. I just prefer to avoid the stress.

I understand, but just send the email and then ignore them. At least then they will know.

1 Like

I did this as well. Thanks. There must be a system issue. I got the same canned response. My response included- removing the device and re-adding it. Thatā€™s crazy to me.

Hopefully more will open a case is well. This really reduces the capacity of the device, especially when there other open/close sensors that work just fine.

Thanks for the info.

1 Like

I also sent them email. No reply yet but in the meanwhile I found the reason why sharptools automations with door events had stopped working. For some reason door ā€œstatusā€ attribute name was changed to ā€œcontactā€. Maybe something was changed in the end point. I updated all automations involving door sensor in the sharptools web and now the sharptools automations work again.

1 Like

After I received the email that I posted above and followed the directions, I informed ST that it didnā€™t help. I have not heard back.

UPDATE: I fixed mine by doing the following. My two devices were ST Multi sensors. So I entered the IDE>My DEVICES>then changed the DTH to the SmartThings Multi Sensor with offset. Saved and exited. All working now.

A hotfix for this issue is rolling out.

3 Likes

OK, but I fixed it doing this. UPDATE: I fixed mine by doing the following. My two devices were ST Multi sensors. So I entered the IDE>My DEVICES>then changed the DTH to the SmartThings Multi Sensor with offset. Saved and exited. All working now.

That circumvents the change to the DTH. Post hot-fix changing the handler is unnecessary.

EDIT:

The deploy is complete. The device tile is verified as working as expected.

Yep, working for me now. Thanks for replying.

2 Likes