My Contacts - is it back?

Sorry but when I click on the links it isn’t showing any pictures or anything at all just says access denied. Still not sure how to do this.

Never mind I got it now thanks for the help

2 Likes

And . . . Done. Thanks!

1 Like

I enabled My Contacts today and ever since then, my IOS app is blazing fast. Did anyone notice this also?

On Android I found a very easy way to add the option. In fact I did it by mistake before seeing this thread a while back. Just enable flight mode before starting the app. When you go into the hamburger menu the option stays available until it can connect to the Internet. Go into the option and add a contact before switching off flight mode.
It seems that the app needs to check in to ST before disabling the contacts menu option.
This is Android only but I helped an iPhone owner enable the option on my phone and when he logged back in on ios the option is still enabled for him.

5 Likes

Thank you for the info.

Unable to add additional notification for a 2nd phone. Now I can receive notifications on both phones.

1 Like

Thanks, worked for me.

1 Like

How can I disable it after it has been enabled?

I had to write to support.

1 Like

I get texts from my Routines using this but no push notifications. Is that all there is for now?

Add an email address to your contact

1 Like

I read this thread and tried it out and it works so far. There are two options to import the contacts or the opportunity to create new one. Which is the best way to add or import the contacts.

Import contacts from users
Import contacts from SmartApps
New Contact (on the right hand side)

Thanks for any information on this!

1 Like

Well damn…I too thought it was tied to the phone number

Thanks!

Lately the folks I have added to smartthings were not getting texts anymore. I just set this up and everything is back to normal. WooHoo!

Is anyone using “my contacts” missing their push notifications today? Or more precisely in the past few hours?

Just tested…yep…push worked. SMS as well using the “My Contacts” method.

1 Like

Thanks for checking, it must be my phone, I hope…you do have the new SHM icons, right?

Yep. Was surprised to see them thus morning but the icons are there and new.

The last time I used the contacts I lost all of my push notifications… I had to have support uninstall it… Been weary ever since.

Yeah…been on the look out since support offered to kill it for me. I am getting some pushes. It only seems like the SHM is silent.

1 Like