Hello ST Community,
I’m a server side developer here at ST. I have only been with SmartThings since the beginning of the summer, a considerable amount of that time has been devoted to ramping up and getting familiar with the technologies used here. Throughout this period I have also been lurking on this forum as well as /r/smartthings. Its an interesting experience to have consumer of your product it know more intimately than you do, which has been a primary deterrent with being vocally active in threads. The last thing I want to do is say something incorrect and make ST employees look poorly.
At the same time I have access to different information that the average consumer does by being an employee for ST. There was a thread here the other week which I commented in asking if “SmartThings development was dead”. One of the general points was that there has been a lack of communication with the consumers of SmartThings and the developers here at ST. This is not without good reason either, the devs here have a lot on their plates without being active members on the community forum. I mean look at all the complaining about issues and lack of features on this forum.
I would like to help alleviate that frustration. I’m wondering what routinely goals/tasks I can have to improve your quality of your smart life
TL:DR; How can I help as a developer at SmartThings improve community relations
A little more about me for those who care:
- This is my second year of being a software engineer
- My favorite programming language is Scala
- I am currently learning Elm in my personal time in order to update my brother’s website
- I have a B.S. in Physics and a B.A. in CS
- I love that IoT combines these two fields
- My hobbies include: 3D Printing, Snowboarding, Video Gaming, Programming, Motorcycles, Cooking, Beer, Lifting